I've finally found out my BIG PROBLEM with women.....

by logansrun 124 Replies latest social relationships

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I am just imagining Bradley putting all this advice together and hitting the City lights tomorrow night. He will look like Liberace on a skateboard and due to his strange cologne, two or three dozen dogs will be following him howling the Anniversary Waltz......lol

HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But seriously, why did you not try to take it further with this particular woman? I'm really curious.

• tink
    tink

i usually agree with everything Nos says about women/dating type stuff. but!!

Keep your hands to yourself. Let her touch you first, they will find an excuse to fix your tie or collar, tap your arm etc.

Here's something I actually disagree with. I always touch them first. Basically the same stuff. Very subtle, non-sexual touching. Touch her necklace and examine it, lightly touch her back when you're going through a doorway, etc. It shows them that you're comfortable around her, comfortable touching her, and she'll actually feel more comfortable with you. Works very well!

ew. i don't like people i don't know invading my personal space. if i already seriously like a guy, i'll forgive him for being too touchy-feely-in-my-facey. if i'm even the slightest bit iffy about him and he's touching my necklace (creepy!!) he's blown it and i'm creeped out.

If you've done well, the first kiss shouldn't be a problem; she'll initiate that.

What if she's shy?? sheesh. i'm totally shy and i never initiate the first kiss. ice must be broken for me. i'm sure i'm not alone in this.

A funky restaurant where people(preferably girls) know you. Generally speaking woman hate competition. They want that attention to themselves.

Agreed. If the woman feels she is competing with other women, she'll work a lot harder for the man's attention. I actually fixed a date that was going bad by using this to my advantage.

no way, dude. this would totally piss me off and make me want to stab mister i-was-just-touching-your-necklace-and-now-i'm-flirty-all-over-other-girls in the eye with my salad fork. of course, i refuse to work for attention, mostly due to aforementioned total lack of extroversion, so maybe i'm just weird and don't listen to me. anyway, that is this insomniac's cent and a half.
  • Xena
    Xena

Thank you tink....that's exactly how I feel too...especially the personal space thing!

I didn't post about it though cause hey I'm just a woman and we don't really know what we like or want....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Bradley, ten minutes is plenty of time to talk to a girl. Always leave them wanting more. What you should have done, as you were leaving was casually inquire: "Hey, have you got email?" If she says yes, take out a pen (always carry a pen) and get her to write it down. As she's doing this, tell her to put down her phone number too. Bingo! This almost never fails. (If she doesn't have email, make a joke, ask her if she has electricity, settle for her phone no.) If necessary, practise this until it sounds sincere and spontaneous.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Funky has a good method. You have to do want feels natural to you. Just like a presentation at the door. These are just suggesions. But the ladies bring up a very good point about a mans appearance. Be clean, well groomed, and just the slightest hint of cologne. She should have to get real close to you to even notice. And use an iron on your clothes! This used to kill me even at the Hall. Don't men know wrinkles are a sin? And the shoes, the shoes are tragic! Women spend a lot of time agonizing over shoes, so don't think they don't notice what yours look like. And keep your teeth and nail looking nice too! These are habits a man should learn anyway, they will serve him in life, period!

Women notice all the little things, men only catch the most obvious things...learn to focus. When you are out and about be friendly and open to all women, even ones you aren't attracted to. But on a date...there is only one woman on the planet and you are with her!

Xena seem to have some real issues with men. She doesn't have the market cornered on getting worked over. There are plenty of women that will work a nice guy over until he is ruined. I've tried to be agreeable and comment postively on things that she has said. But you will notice she never comments on those but picks apart what she feels is negative. Often a women will make a joke about something in a cutting sarcastic way. She is hammering you with a zinger and the average guy just does not catch it! Always try to hook up with a person who has LESS issues than you do!

Runner, learn to read people. Most woman are very good that this. They will tell you alot about themselves, if you listen and observe! I wish you the best! Maverick

PS I stand on the matter of keeping your hands to yourself and no talking about sex. This is a test many women will put a fellow through. If she brings up the topic of sex on the first few encounters...change the subject. Don't just dive right into this one. This is too personal a subject for a woman, early in the-get-to-know-you stage. And if she is the type that will jump your bones the first date...would you really want to keep her? (no class) And I want you to get a classy lady!

• Xena
    Xena

Actually I have been extremely fortunate in the men I have encountered in my life....never have been "worked over" so to speak Mav....I get along well with most men....what I have issues with is men acting like we don't know how to think for ourselves and/or are to stupid to figure out what we want for ourselves... which you consistantly do....it negates anything positive I might otherwise find in your comments....I find you insulting and demeaning to women in that aspect.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    But seriously, why did you not try to take it further with this particular woman? I'm really curious.

Silly rabbit- that wasn't a woman.... it was "the lovely Italian broad"

edited to add:

Yeah- what Xena said !!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Seems some people hear what they want to hear and negate the rest! I ran into this same thinking at the Hall. Certain ones would peg me a certain way and from then on everything I said was slanted to be a confirmation of their preconceived opinion of me. Oh well! Doesn't change anything. What I say stands, and can be back up by life! Maverick Some people mesh, some don't!

• talesin
    talesin

I thought the whole 'hunt em down and kill em' part of this thread was tongue-in-cheek, now I see how wrong I was. The crystal clear light of reality dawns ...

Xena,

To the weak, strong women often appear threatening.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit