I've finally found out my BIG PROBLEM with women.....

by logansrun 124 Replies latest social relationships

• logansrun
    logansrun

Damn. Damn me to hell. I just now, not ten minutes ago, had a totally cool conversation with this sweet Italian girl at Starbucks. She sat down next to my table and, to make a long story short, I was able to introduce myself and found out she's a college student who is going to the university I'll be at this summer. We talked for about ten minutes and either she's real friendly with everyone she meets, or she was diggin' me.

Now, perhaps I read into things but when she put her hair up with one of those things that girls use to tie their hair up, and judging by her eye contact and the way she was moving forward a little -- she was into me.

Leanna. Jet black hair. Deep, big brown eyes that came alive against the backdrop of her olive skin. Lips looked sweeter than a plate of yams with honey on top.

I was able to talk about school and that sort of thing with Ms. Spectacular. I asked questions. I listened. We laughed a little. And then.....and then.....

I had to go. Now, I didn't really have to go, but I did. THAT'S my problem. That's always been my problem. Not initiating conversation, not in being cool or nice or even sexy. It's keeping the damn conversation going. My mind just can't take more than a few minutes talking to one girl. I either get kinda bored or don't want to "ruin a good thing" by saying something stupid. I just peeter out like some bad stock.

Now, I'm a pretty cool guy. I'm not Tom Cruise, but I ain't half-bad. This "ten-minute time limit" mental dilemma is killing my damn self, though. So, ladies and germs, what am I to do? Should I just memorize a list of one-hundred questions and keep asking them, building up my endurence like a marathon runner? Should I deal with uncomfortable silences better and just accept this as it is? Maybe I should just tell women, "You know, now's about the time I peeter out. Can I put you on pause?" ??

Can I have your number Leanna? Damn. I should've...

Bradley

• Valis
    Valis

Ya ding dong! If you start chickening out leave yourself a back door and get the freakin digits! *whacks bradley*...*LOL* Dude, just keep trying...practice makes perfect!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

you should have asked for her number so you could continue the conversation another time....

if she was into you.. then you would have gotten it..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've had something like that happen before... only I did get her number... then promptly washed the pants inwhich I placed it.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

If you felt there was chemstry, but needed to leave...definitely get the girl's digits! That'll leave you time to think up more questions, and when there's more questions...you increase your comfort level with that person....and then *hopefully* it'll lead to asking her out! Go get em' tiger!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Awwwwwww, don't be so hard on yourself Logan.

Go back to the coffee shop , about the same time tomorrow, sit at the same place. Maybe she will be thinking the same thing, since you didnt exchange numbers.

If there is a good chemistry,,,,,,,sounds like there is,,,,,,,,just relax and let the conversation flow, talk about anything. I never have understood those dating rules , or that 10 minute rule. If the girl is enjoying the conversation, isnt looking out the window, her cell phone or watch, she is enjoying your company. Hope you find her again, keep us posted , and good luck.

• Xena
    Xena
    "You know, now's about the time I peeter out. Can I put you on pause?" ??

See that would have made me laugh and enjoy the fact that you are honest and can laugh at yourself too...it's an attractive quality

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay. All right. Fine. Next time get the digits. But, I have the same problem on dates. Now, I've only dated on girl before. The first date was the same way. We met at a restaurant, I was able to converse about fifteen minutes or so. Waiter came and we got our food. Then the wall hit. Sure, I got over it, and we did date for a couple months, but it's still a hurdle.

Someone please slap me.

B.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Forget asking for her number....she's heard that a million times before ( and who wants rejection) Write down your number and tell her that you would really like to continue the conversation and if she wants to call you(Now days women are leery about giving out their numbers to strangers..give her the control). Meanwhile write down some interesting questions to ask her when/if she calls.Make sure you don't just talk about yourself...what a turn off!BTW...I would find it more of a turn on if the guy ended the conversation first...makes you think he has a life.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Xena,

"You know, now's about the time I peeter out. Can I put you on pause?" ??

See that would have made me laugh and enjoy the fact that you are honest and can laugh at yourself too...it's an attractive quality

I do have to admit, that is a good line. Shhhhiiiit, maybe I should use it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit