What Did You Find To Be The Most Confusing Belief Of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Most Confusing:

You cannot take BLOOD. But now that we have more scientific knowledge, it's ok to take this stuff apart and use what you want.

Elders are appointed by Holy Spirit. At elders meetings;" All in favor of appointing so and so?"

The faithful slave is Gods' channel. Then why are there so many changes in the organization. Can't He get it right the first time?

It's OK to beat the crap out of a pinata, which has clearly pagan orgins. But we cannot celebrate other festivities.

Why JW's were formed in the USA? Wasn't the craze some 100 years ago in this country that 'someone' saw the light, and now we have a new religion? Jesus was born in Bethelehem, if he comes back wouldn't he start where he left off?

Assemblies are not mandatory, but if you don't go, you're marked as a weak one.

Elders are 'servants' to the flock, but sure wield their weight around.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I loved my family (unbelieving mate and daughter) who were not JWs. I also knew people who were not JWs but who were very good people in many ways. to think that these ones I loved more than most JWs I knew would be destroyed according to JW doctrine was painful and confusing to me. I was never comforted with the logic that some other JWs had when someone outside of the Org died and they would say--well, at least now they have the hope of the ressurection--this would bother me. The Org says that everyone outside of the Org in the same catagory--A person could be the most loving and kind person in the world and be wiped out in the big A along with someone who is a perverted mass murderer--in the eyes of the Org there is no difference between the two--weird.

• yesidid
    yesidid

How come a sister could be of the anointed, shortly to be a co-ruler and judge with Christ in heaven and yet not be allowed to pray at the meetings?

yesidid

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

3rd most confusing:

Why Jesus was an also-ran to Paul when it came to quoting scripture in the kingdumb hall.

2nd Most Confusing:

Jehoova lets people into into the Book of Life based on their "heart condition". In theory this means an ignorant, illiterate farmer is a shoe-in for New Order, long as he's a nice guy. Or a baby.

BUT: you better fully understand the JW's theology, answer the baptismal questions correctly, get dunked, participate in all meetigns, study, and train others to make it through Armageddon.

1st most confusing:

God is Love. God Hates Wickedness. How can something composed entirely of love experience hate? Will the real Jehovah please stand up?

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Finally a great topic by minimus (just kidding)

The one that always made me scratch my head was ........

That Jehovah's Witnesses/International Bible Students have been around since Christ

Where is the proof, I remember once seeing alist of people whom they said could of been Jehovahs voice from the 100 AD til 1800 AD, but never bought it, (anyone have this ????) or that there would be a "dark age" where nothing would be available. ??????????????

The religion started in 1879 period,

Reality it started in 1917/1918

because the only thing Jehovah's Witnesses and Russell have in common is the Watchtower Magazine, and that is it.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm with RUNNING, the whole invisible return thing...and for that matter, the resurrection that wasn't...Jesus body was turned into gas??????

• shera
    shera

The transfiguration,never made sense the way they taught it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit