What Did You Find To Be The Most Confusing Belief Of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

THe spiritualization of Armagedon likening those slain at armagedon to those that leave the truth acuple of years ago, and in the old 197? WT study article, how God would not save individuals at Armagedon but ALL of the JWS together as a nation.individual casualties would occur. But dont worry die faithful and you will be resurrected LATER. Het doesnt this sound like what Moslem tell suicide bombers die now but get the reward when you are dead OH MAN

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

dh that was confusing to me too.

• minimus
    minimus

Other confusing beliefs are their entire take on Revelation, everything relating to a greater fulfillment and class, the chronology that supports nothing, and their belief that you might be a Christian but not a "true Christian".

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

How can they call themselves THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE when they are neither faithful or discreet?

Why don't they have kitchens in the Kingdom Halls for a little socializing before and after the meetings?

Why did the new Circuit Overseer always arrive in an old junker, we bought him a new car, and then in his next assignment arrived in an old junker again?

Why hasn't the Society availed themselves of TV? They used to brag they had a radio station!

Why did they keep little school kids out to 10:30 PM or so on some meeting nights?

Why could you leave literature with a householder but couldn't take anything from them?

Why no special meetings like Sunday School for kids?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I could never understand the 52 wks of a year and Messiah being cut off at 33 1/2 wks of the year.

• 2520 yrs
    • times times times and a half
    • how is it that Russell ascertained that for each creative day consisted of 7thousand year.
    • why was it they are in a Spiritual Paradise, is this the real new system of things?

Orangefatcat..Orange Fat Cat 15

• blondie
    blondie

That everyone that wasn't a baptized JW was going to die at Armageddon. I couldn't figure out how everyone was going to get a witness, based on the population increase each year and the restricted areas like China.

• Loris
    Loris

I never accepted the 1918/1919 fulfillments of prophecy as well as the convention in 1920. Whenever it was mentioned I did a mental "Whatever" gymnastic and continued on.

Loris

• bebu
    bebu

I think the most confusing belief is that Jesus "came" (invisibly!!) in 1914, as mentioned before. However, this teaching confused me pretty well:

For me the strangest teaching is "the faithful slave!" Somehow all the individual anointed-only members feed themselves as a class. But because this process isn?t feasible in practice, the "slave" recognizes the "governing body" as its proxy. Finally, since most of the writing department make no claim to be "anointed," the "food" they serve isn?t really from the "slave," but because the "governing body" has appointed them, the writing department can be said to represent the "slave."
    The WT is a god of confusion, for sure. bebu
  • shamus
    shamus

Orange,

It didn't make sense, therefore you could not explain it. I couldn't either... definetly the most confusing, LOL !

• justhuman
    justhuman

Well lets see....

The famous 1914 doctrine

The 144.000 Saints

Their strange way of explaining Revelation

The Faithfull and Discret Slave

Resurection

Soul

Jesus

WELL THEY ARE INDEED IN A DEEP CONFUSION

Share this