What Did You Find To Be The Most Confusing Belief Of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot
    For me, the nuttiest JW doctrine is that which teaches that unbaptized people who die before Armageddon with few exceptions, can be expected to be resurrected, whereas they would have died had they lived to see it.

Me too, as above. Totally unjust, what kind of god would determine you faithfulness/unfaithfulness based on what day you died? You die March 1 and Armageddon arrives March 2, bingo! You win. But if Armageddon would have been in February, your dead meat. Yeah right.

Also as mentioned above, the faithful and discreet slave making mistakes yet not really making mistakes and being God's channel of communication on earth and new light yet they don't make mistakes. And never apologize.

Also as mentioned, I found it hypocritical that we'd insist on others taking our literature but would refuse to accept and read other religious literature. I was always curious, and figured that since this was the truth there was nothing to fear from other people's beliefs.

A JW in service once talked rather derisively about a person at the door, a Muslim, who refused literature. I thought to myself that of all people, we should understand that Muslim's viewpoint since it was exactly how we react.

How JWs claim to have love yet on the news you'd see all these other organizations helping out in times of disaster, and not for any ulterior motive like getting Bible studies with them. That was true compassion and love in my mind, doing it because it's the right thing to do.

This list could actually be quite a long one!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I never understood why the hell I had to confess my sins to a bunch of loser elders who were just like me. And I really never understood why people did confess sins to these conmen. Another one was did the governing body actually pray about each person whose name came up for consideration for promotions, MS, elders, CO, DO. etc.

I mean if God can see everything, and the angels and 144,000, then why should I confess anything. Let them rat me out to the elders or whoever!

• John Vybiral
    John Vybiral

One of the most confusing things, from the time I was a little kid, studying the "paradise" book, 'til the day I finally, and officially bailed out, was this...

The Paradise book, and heaps of the WBTS literature, clearly depict Adam and Eve living in peace and harmony with the animals. The same literature also shows that, in the New World / New System / New Order, people would again be living together, peacefully, with all animals. Since both these arrangements clearly show that this is what Jehovah wants, why then, do Witlesses continue to eat meat, and in my wife's family, continue to hunt (deer, mainly for sport, and certainly NOT for survival)? Why are dubs not commanded to be vegetarians, like their religious "ancestors", the Seventh Day Adventists? A couple hunded million Hindus living in India prove that people don't need meat to live. Why does the BotchTower Farm raise animals for slaughter?

Very confusing, and one of the many questions that caused me to "stumble" in the so-called "Troof".

BTW, I am not a vegetarian, and have recently enjoyed both venison and veggie-burgers!

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I never understood the "Gog of Magog" studies in the Watchtower. Seemed like something out of a horror movie!

• minimus
    minimus

What about the "NETHINIM"? Or all the people, places and things pictured by the "anointed remnant"......CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Governing Body ...?

Faithful & Discreet Faceful of Discreet Slave ...?

144,000 ...?

... Huh ...?

ESTEE

• potleg
    potleg

Why is it wrong to celebrate a birth but it's OK to celebrate a wedding aniversary? It's fine to celebrate the upcomming arrival of a child, i.e. a baby shower, give gifts,have a party , invite your friends, maybe play a few games and have a cake, but once the child is here... the joyous event can never be marked again. Absolutely stupid and MEAN for young kids

This last weekend I attended a JW wedding reception, everyone was having a great time (including elders) dancing to disco music. A few years ago weren't we told that this was not appropriate for "christians"?

Their house is built upon shiffting sands. Blind Guids.

• Mac
    Mac

That bringing a sack lunch to an assembly could be the unforgivable sin?

mac, don't hasta do Shasta class

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

One thing (among many) that never made any sense to me was, that if someone in the world didn't accept the truth, they would be destoyed at the big A, but if they died a week before, they would be resurrected and get a second chance. huh? The witness God never made any sense to me what so ever.

BW

• JustUs
    JustUs

I grew up in Pittsburgh Pa. where Russel started this insane religion. I was told as a kid that our congregation had many of the annointed, 7 or 8 in a congregation of 30, because this was where the work got started. (the congregations were small then) I remember asking several of these annointed individuals at various times, how they "knew" they were selected to rule with Christ in heaven? I must point out that at the time I believed they were hand picked by Jesus as annointed ones, I just wanted to know how they knew. I would ask them when I worked with them in service, I would ask at the book study, I would ask anytime I had a chance to be alone with one of them. The answers were all pretty much the same. "You just know" was the most common response. I was always disappointed with the responses I got. I guess I wanted to hear that confirmation came in the form of "a dream" like Peter received when he needed his thinking enlightened,, or that Jehovah actually spoke to one of them, or "Holy Spirit" overwhelmed them and lightning flashed in front of them! A burning bush....anything. I needed it to be more than "You just know" One sister in particular elaborated a little more by telling me as a spirit annointed member of the "little flock" she became obsessed with "learning". She hungered like never before for truths from the "faithful and discreet slave" (Hey aren't you "the slave?") She couldn't read enough of the books and magazines. I remember thinking she did seem different, more spiritual. It wasn't until she entered a Catholic hospital for a necessary surgery, and said she came under attack by the demons in the Catholic hospital because she was of the annointed, and she saw the crucifix on the hospital wall begin to crawl up the wall, and across the ceiling, that I realized she was a whack job! (I didn't understand the effects of hospital drugs, and a predisposed mind, at the time)

Seroiusly though, as a young man, I wondered why she and all the others selected by God to rule in heaven with Christ weren't somehow more clearly identifiable than "You just know", and later in my life why these selected few had no input whatsoever in matters of "new light" from the slave when it came to ever changing doctrine. Seeds of doubt planted at such a young age that took nearly 50 years to blossom.

Better late ......than never

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit