What Did You Find To Be The Most Confusing Belief Of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses certainly have some unique beliefs and some are very, very confusing. Anything that you never quite understood?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Gotta be the beards. The Jesus pictures from the society all have him sporting a beard, yet JWs can't have one. But yet they have to go door to door imitating Jesus. Pretty stupid.

• Special K
    Special K

I found the belief that only 144,000 thousand were going to heaven the most confusing.

sincerely

Special K

• freedom96
    freedom96

How they came up with all the year predictions.....607 etc.

• undercover
    undercover

Having grown up a JW, I was indoctrinated into believing it was all good. But as I started doubting and outright disagreeing with some things, I found the chronological doctrines the most confusing. And rightly so, for once you research it properly, it doesn't add up. At best, it's an interpretation, a possibility(albeit very, very slight). It is not fact nor a probability, there are no facts to support it as theory even, therefore it shouldn't be presented as fact.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I found that they called mere attendance at hundreds of hours of sales training meetings worship, and that those that sold the most were the most spiritual. Uh-whatever. Shoshana

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Well, from age 9, I never understood EXACTLY how these doctrines were mitigated and made perfect:

* We are God's channel on Earth.

* There are NO prophets or miracles anymore.

* God is perfect.

* We have God's divine inspiration.

* We are not prophets.

* We make mistakes as fallible humans.

Hmmm?

CG

• badwillie
    badwillie

Most confusing -

how God will destroy (notice not just "kill"..but "destroy") childen and even babies at his great battle righteous of Har-Mageddon. What a prick! Jehovah God-zilla!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

"Confusing?" No, I never found any of the doctrine confusing. Just illogical.

• minimus
    minimus

hmmm. Illogical teachings are confusing to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit