What Did You Find To Be The Most Confusing Belief Of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

How jehovah's killing of all non jw worshippers was a vindication for him.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    hmmm. Illogical teachings are confusing to me.

Ah... gotcha. I guess the phrasing just reminded me of the way that a Witness could never "disagree" with a doctrine. They could only "not understand" it or "be confused" by it. That always pissed me off. It implied that the problem was with the individual Witness, for not understanding the doctrine; whereas is was actually with the Governing Body, for teaching crap.

• wednesday
    wednesday

the most confusing belief to me was the 144,000. I could clearly read in my bible that people would be reigning in heaven with christ, yet the jws told me that was only or a special few. It went directly against what i read in the bible. and along with that, -the bible was not written for me, it was written for the 144,000.

• Room 215
    Room 215

For me, the nuttiest JW doctrine is that which teaches that unbaptized people who die before Armageddon with few exceptions, can be expected to be resurrected, whereas they would have died had they lived to see it. This illogical belief had a lot of JWs I know of praying for the death pre-Armageddon of their sweet aunt Tillie, since she had no chance of surviving the Big A.

• minimus
    minimus

When I had to "explain" the 607 B.C.E.----1914 C.E...thing, I never understood the logic. I guess I was hoping that I'd get "new lite" on it. Room 215----and that's why so many Witnesses rejoiced over the events of 9--11.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

When they say they have a loving brotherhood and then shun cirtain members who fail in some manor. I find that to be totaly disgusting. As well as telling you that you must not have no outside friends or you will not be pleaseing to God.

• dustyb
    dustyb

that whacking and blowjobs were bad. i never quite understood why.

• undercover
    undercover
    reminded me of the way that a Witness could never "disagree" with a doctrine. They could only "not understand" it or "be confused" by it. That always pissed me off. It implied that the problem was with the individual Witness, for not understanding the doctrine; whereas is was actually with the Governing Body, for teaching crap.

Yep. Try arguing a point with a JW and sooner or later you'll get the ole "we have to wait on Jehovah for clarification" argument. How can you debate or argue with illogical ramblings like that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think I understand wha thappened in 1914 -- bu tthe bit about 1914/1918/1919 what happened when -- still do not understand - also the new light about sheep and goats - still could not explain that

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That Jesus came in 1914, and he has been present ever since. BUT, his second coming has not yet happened, because if it had, we wouldn't need to celebrate the memorial (which isn't so much a celebration as an opportunity to observe people partaking who aren't present).

Anyway, Jesus came, but didn't come yet. He is present, even though he has not yet come. He has been sitting on his throne for 100 years, but his 1000 year reign has not yet begun, or has it?

And, it's all invisible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit