ARC Analysis Summary of Case Files

by Richard Oliver 161 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Let's forget for a minute how many of the abusers were JW. Lets just consider for a moment that every one of the children were JW and every one of those children were subject to the WT style of justice. How many of the children were disfellowshipped for immorality like the boy in Maryland was? How many of them were disbelieved and the accusation dismissed? How many of them never felt safe in their congregation or their home because the WT men felt they did what they were required to do? How many had to restate the crimes against them to a body of elders? How many of them were grilled about how much they "screamed" or questioned as to whether they reported it to worldly authorities?

You can try to dismiss the JW abusers involved all day long, but you forget every time that nearly 2000 children were known to be victimized.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

please OUTLAW don't argue with idiots they can drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• flipper
    flipper

RICHARD- You wrote, " That leaves only 50 offenders since 1950 that were either an elder or an MS when the act occurred " .

Really ? Come on now. That's 50 elders and MS's too many ! Don't you think Richard that if the WT Society had done their due diligence and made it a policy to do mandatory BACKGROUND checks on these prospective elders and MS's - that those 50 elders and MS's would have never had the CHANCE or OPPORUNITY to molest and abuse children ?

WT Society GB and it's leaders are the main people here through their faulty child abuse policies that are responsible for the thousands of cases of criminal child abuse worldwide within the Jehovah's Witness organization. To see it otherwise is absolutely ignoring the facts of the matter

• cobweb
    cobweb

Forget the technicalities of your argument on child abuse a moment.

I'm throwing this out there. Do you think it is possible that there is some connection between your desire to defend the Org and the Org's rejection of you based on your sexuality. I wonder if you have a need to earn approval somehow. Maybe its unconscious. This to me would explain your passion.

OrphanCrow said something like this in your other thread and I think he's on the money:

OrphanCrow6 days ago
    I truly feel like I am trying to talk to a person in an abusive relationship when I am replying to you, Richard. You display exactly the same kind of twisted logic to rationalize your experience

Maybe reflect on it a bit and don't dismiss it altogether. I really think it can't be good for you to be so in favour of an organisation that is taught to hate what you are. Because you are never going to be good enough for them. You need to be able to accept yourself. It doesn't matter how much you defend them.

I know i am going off piste with this comment and its a bit personal. Forgive me, but I just have the impression theres some deeper reason you are so determined to defend the org on tbe child abuse issue, to the extent that you are.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So many of the accusations were made when MOST people did not report at all. So, that they were willing to report to the elders is kind of interesting. But here is a fact, at the time that most people, in general, did not report, I was a JW. I know what they were teaching about such things then. I KNOW that reporting anything against a "brother" that would make the WT look bad was specifically discouraged. Reporting ANYTHING to worldly authorities as said to be unfaithful to Jehovah. That is a plain fact, "Richard Oliver". So, this makes one ask-how many were REALLY abused in the congregation that never GOT to even the elders (because of a general restraint from discussing or reporting sexual abuse)? Then how many had someone's father address the issue to the perp and NEVER go to even the elders? If there was THAT MANY reported abuses during the decades when few reported this kind of abuse at all is telling. How many more were never reported?

This is disgusting. NO matter who did it or who they did it to, there is no justification for those numbers or statistics. All that history does is tell us that much worse happened than we will ever know.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Cobweb:

You may have a point, which I have never thought about it. But I don't think that I am defending them when I say you cannot expect an organization to prevent the harm of a third person by one of it's members. That would be similar to saying if you are apart of an IEEE which is an association of professional engineers, and one of those members commit a crime which has nothing to do with their membership in that organization, would that organization be responsible for that person's actions. I don't think so, that person acted upon their own. Should they have known that he was going to commit that crime, there is no way for them to have known that. Now if that organization knows what that person did and puts him in a position that might help him re-offend in committing that crime, then yes that organization had a duty to protect that subsequent crime, but they could not stop the initial crime.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

one Christian might commit a serious crime against another—such as rape, assault, murder, or major theft. In such cases, it would not be unchristian to report the matter to the authorities, even though doing so might result in a court case or a criminal trial.

And these date back to 1991 and 1997.

I said before did elders make mistakes, yes they did and they did not follow policy. But to say it is policy to punish any person who reports a crime is not the policy of Watchtower.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That would be similar to saying if you are apart of an IEEE which is an association of professional engineers.....RO

That`s the Advantage of a WatchTower Education..

You can say any stupid thing you want..

Without fear of embarrassment..

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Yes, Notsurewheretogo. Just because you don't agree that watchtower is responsible for the actions of a third party they are defending them. Me, a number of lawyers and about a dozen District and Circuit Court judges all fall under that category of recognizing that one cannot control what another person does. That makes all of those judges apologists as well. Even the Conti appeals court ruled that, the actions that Kendrick did to Candace in his own time was not the fault of Watchtower, the only negligence was the assigning of Kendrick to work with Candance in an official activity of the congregation.

I've sat, as an elder, with a child in the congregation who was abused, I have seen first hand what it does to them...I have seen the unrepentant abuser get DF, then come back a year later with nothing mentioned to the police to "protect God's organisation".

The WT policies 100% fostered the environment where this abuse occurred and it is happening all over the world in congregations. It could be minimized hugely if the WT had proper policies on it.

If you were in my shoes and saw the victims as real people then you would not posting your crap like you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit