ARC Analysis Summary of Case Files

by Richard Oliver 161 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

You have yet to say that JW's policies and practices in responding to allegations of child sexual abuse are or are not harmful. Until you do so, you will have difficulty being "correctly" understood. By sticking to the "numbers" you are seeking entry into a discussion that delimits the seriousness of the ARC's findings.

It is not without irony that I conclude JW organization would support what you say, although they would be uncomfortable about the venue of your comments (exJW website).

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I do believe that in some jurisdictions where it requires elders to report the matter, the must and should. In jurisdictions where it gives the option to report or not, they should encourage the family to report and if they choose not to report, then the elders should report. There are some circumstances and jurisdictions that bar them from reporting, so those laws should be obeyed as well.

I do believe that some elders have discouraged the reporting, but I don't agree it is the policy to prevent or that will punish people who report it. Again, I agree that there are cases where that is what happened, but it is not the policy or global issue.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I do believe that some elders have discouraged the reporting, but I don't agree it is the policy to prevent or that will punish people who report it. Again, I agree that there are cases where that is what happened, but it is not the policy or global issue......RO

Who Needs Facts,When We Have Your Opinion?..
    Your Opinion Is Extremely Important!..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/images_zpsn8hs6212.jpg

.....Image result for Apologist word

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I just find the data interesting.

Really. Let's drink our tea with our pinkies in the air and nibble crumpets companionably while we coldly and factually discuss interesting statistics about nightmarish, horrible tortured acts suffered by children who were at the mercy of sociopathic monsters.

Should make for quite an interesting conversation.

• Luo bou to
  • baker
    baker

doesn't this environment encourage the pedofile to seek out kingdom halls, because he or she knows they won't be reported as readily as anywhere else. seems like they would be the next "great crowd" to enter into the kingdom halls. Such an environment creeps me out, and this alone keeps me out and I'm sure others. Any new studies should be looked upon as suspect, especially if they just "showed up"

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Not a single instance of Child Sexual Abuse was ever reported to the authorities by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The great incriminating, condemnatory, damnatory statement.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Richard,

You are missing the point or you pretend to be missing the point. The big problem is not how many elders or ministerial servants were guilty of child abuse. The point is that the Watchtower knew about all these cases (1006) and chose to do nothing, leaving the perpetrator unpunished and free to strike again

• smiddy
    smiddy

ioo6 cases of child sexual abuse handled by Jehovahs Witness judicial committe`s conducted by 3 Elders on each sitting equates to 3018 Elders who never reported them to any appropiate authority.

Child protection Authorities or the police

Thats the problem here not how many were JW`s in responsible positions or not who committed the acts ,the problem is 3018 Elders sought to cover up these crimes from the appropiate authorities.

Do you understand that R.O.?

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

In the instances where the perp was a non-JW, how is it that the matter got to be on the JW Records in Oz ? [This is a sincere question - I am not seeking to trick you or be rude] ?

And therefore why did the JW Org not advise the victims to contact the authorities ?

Why - when they had the opportunity to do so did the JW Reps at the ARC not bring the stats you have put forward before the aRC?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit