ARC Analysis Summary of Case Files

by Richard Oliver 161 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

you can be as skeptical as you want with what Watchtower says but......RO

those victims would likely have been abused no matter what religious or secular association that the perpetrator was associated with.....RO

Image result for excuses word

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Just Fine:

I agree with you, that the elders should have acted. But I think you would agree that either way, that victim would still have been victimized if they were a JW, a Catholic, an Athiest or Mormon? If it was a father that molested his daughter, he would still have been her father no matter what. Would instead of 20 instances of abuse it could have been cut to 15 instances of abuse or even 10, certainly that could have been the case if the elders had acted and reported to the police, but that first act would have most likely still have occurred.

• just fine
    just fine

Do you think a child would prefer to be raped multiple times and when they reached out for help to have the elders side with the abuser? Or do you think they would want the abuse to stop and be given the help needed to recover as best they can?

Your argument is naive and indicative of your cult affiliation.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Just fine:

You are being naive. You do not read my comments with an open mind. You feel that as soon as Watchtower and Child Abuse is said in the same sentence that Watchtower is guilty. That may or not be so, but that is how you come off to me with your statements.

I said the initial abuse would have occurred no matter what. Again I agreed with you that the elders should have handled the situation better including the reporting to the police. But that the abuse would have occurred either way, even if it was just once, it would most likely have occurred.

• just fine
    just fine

As someone who was molested by another congregant at the Kingdom Hall, I am not naive to the indifference shown by Jehovah's Witnesses when handling sexual abuse among its members.

I left that long ago and have no desire to interact with persons who are indifferent to the suffering of children.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Just Fine:

I am sorry that happened to you and that it was not handled properly. And like I said, I never stated that the elders were right in not reporting it, as long as the law allows them to report it to the police. And obviously you were a victim because of your association with a congregation and if you were associated with a congregation that horrible act would not have occurred. But my point is that not all child abuse cases are like your case where unless you were associated with a group the abuse would never have happened. Unfornuently, familial child abuse is much more common than when is perpetrated by a friend or stranger. My point in stating about that family abuse is that no matter who those victims families associated with there was still a strong likelihood of the abuse occurring.

But my point is that not all child abuse cases are like your case where unless you were associated with a group the abuse would never have happened. Unfornuently, familial child abuse is much more common than when it is perpetrated by a friend or stranger. My point in stating about that family abuse is that no matter who those victims families associated with there, was still a strong likelihood of the abuse occurring. And of course just one act of abuse is terrible and unthinkably awful by anyone, and should be reported to law enforcement, but unfortunately, association with organizations is hard to stop that first instance of family child abuse.

• just fine
    just fine

I do not want your sympathy. I want you to understand these acts are being committed against real children, who are forever affected by it. If abuse can be stopped from occurring or from occurring again - it needs to be stopped.

You are missing my point regardless of who is abusing a child - if an organization has information that could stop the abuse or stop it from happening to other members of the household, or to the same child again, they need to treat it as a CRIME, not a sin. Let professional investigate and prosecute.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Richard Oliver you need to supply evidence that the families in which abuse occurred were strongly likely to have the abuse occurring no matter what. From what I know there are triggers that set abuse in motion. Surely this argues against the inevitability of abuse occurring?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Just Fine:

I have completely agreed with you that as long as the law doesn't prevent a clergy member from reporting it, it should be reported. I have stated that through out this thread.

• just fine
    just fine

From my standpoint the organization is not going to be able to stop abuse they don't know about.

But once they are aware, they are either going to stop it by reporting it or be complicit in allowing it to continue. They have shown in the past, being complicit in allowing it to continue.

Obviously there is a record of the abuse in the ARC findings so the organization knew about the abuse, even familial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit