ARC Analysis Summary of Case Files

by Richard Oliver 161 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Despite being gay and out of the WT, Richard obviously continues to have an overwhelming desire for it to still be The Truth.

Having such a deep and endemic problem as institutionalized child abuse calls that assertion into question so much, though, it's almost unbearable.

The evidence is undeniable and overwhelming, however, so from his perspective, he has no choice but to try and defend it...

...even though it's fundamentally indefensible.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

One of the more interesting, compelling and damning statements elicited from WT, I think it was Spinks, was that if he was to learn of a member or neighbor committing a murder or of breaking into neighbor's house, he would call the police and report. I had wished for counsel to connect the dots and to ask, why the distinction, why report regarding murder or theft but not abuse? That stance alone pinpoints the problem with JWs, abuse is a sin only, a sin that can be overcome spiritually, and that there's no debt to society involved. It is a disgusting stance. So regardless of how many cases, by whom, and how often, the stance and mental approach to abuse is THE PROBLEM! The judge emphasized that laws aside, there's a moral obligation as a human being to report of abuse, and should have connected that it's as vital of a moral obligation to report abuse as it is murder or theft. There's simply no arguing or defending that, regardless of position or title. Because position or title aside, you're supposed to be, first and foremost, a human being.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jeremiah - "...That stance alone pinpoints the problem with JWs, abuse is a sin only, a sin that can be overcome spiritually..."

Ironic, really, since if the WTS actually had political control of a small country, they would probably treat sexual "sins" like fornication and adultery AS crimes.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Vidiot, that's a chilling and terrifying thought, but likely would be the case.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Don't you think Richard that if the WT Society had done their due diligence and made it a policy to do mandatory BACKGROUND checks on these prospective elders and MS's - that those 50 elders and MS's would have never had the CHANCE or OPPORUNITY to molest and abuse children ?

I think the problem though might be moving to an over-reliance on pieces of paper, thinking it'll solve everything, but it goes far deeper than that.

Besides, look what happened only last month in Australia as reported in the Herald Sun newspaper on Thursday 8 December 2016 on page 5, with an Opinion/Editorial Piece on page 44:

• Giordano
    Giordano

I've started a new thread that spells out, with documentation, the history of the WT cover up of sexual child abuse. The title for the Search option is Some powerful stuff against the WT.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just a btw for Richard.

WT are not victims nor are they defenseless. Hate to break it to ya but WT are big boys and they don't need you defending them, sweetie. They are a multi billion dollar org and have very expensive lawyers and a legal department for that.

The chips will fall where the chips will fall for WT and maybe they will continue to get away with their treatment of victims or maybe they won't either way they don't need you going into battle for them. Nor do they even deserve it.

Why not find an actual victim to advocate for there are plenty of them our there.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

sparrowdown. yup the chips will fall where the fall. Unfortunately because you don't do your own research and just allow other people to spoon feed you your opinion you don't know that the chips fall on the Watchtower side more often than not. This is especially when people want to take them to court. The win far more cases than they lose. And even the cases they lose and every ex-JW will point to as proof, it gets reversed on appeal. And the ultimate big boy, the federal government appeals cases they lose, so that is not a sign of arrogance or defiance it is a sign of playing fair by the rules that everyone gets to play by.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well yaaay congratualtions for WT they're helping to ruin peoples lives "fair and by the rules."

Make a t shirt why don't you.

And, I beg to differ, Sir, on your summary of me.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I wish they would ruin ur life even more along with so many people on here. I wish they would sue you for defemation of character and lible. I wish they would sue you into bankruptcy. But that ain't going to happen so I guess I will have to accept you will just be kept this hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit