Former JWs in Portland, OR looking for friendship?

by bisous 106 Replies latest jw experiences

• bisous
    bisous

S H I I A A @*@*@

now i feel like a real dumb bunny cuz i see i got it working....keep your comments to your self old man or I swear....

• onacruse
    onacruse

bisous, you'll notice that Dave is now a mod...say whatever the hell you want, and I'll support you! (Let's keep him busy!) LOLOLOLOL

Craig

• bisous
    bisous

So, being a newbie I have a question....do these 'titles' (master jedi, moderator, etc...)get bestowed based on the number of posts....length of time on board....someone likes you... (LOL)....or how?

So Dave now that you are a member of the Mod Squad, are you going to stop being crotchety?

• seven006
    seven006

New Chick,

First of all the different levels are automatically changed as the amount of posts a person makes increases. They don't have any real significance except to show others how many posts a person has made and how much they have contributed to the board.

Being a mod is not any kind of reward or position of power, it is just a position some have to help out Simon and Ang and try and keep things from getting out of hand. To some posters it comes off as a position of authority that they, in some cases, don't like and the mods become a target for them to take their frustrations out on.

In some ways, being a mod here it is more of a negative than it is a positive position. You open yourself up to having to deal with the childish things of a DB and having to help make decisions that can be unpopular. You also stand the chance of upsetting some friends and unhappily making a few enemies. Iv seen that happen with the mods that have been in that position for a long time. I knew that going into this.

I will not change who I am, I would stop being a mod before that happens, I think Simon and the other mods knew that when they asked me. The only thing that might change is how some people here may look at me now. There isn't much I can do about that, it's just the way it goes.

Take care,

Dave

• bisous
    bisous

Good ! as i said before, I likes'em old and crotchety...lol

what was up with the board last night? server issues?

• bisous
    bisous

BTW...what's up with Youuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr age counter, hunh? flipping me all that about mine....

• bisous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit