I've been found out!

by pale.emperor 135 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ok, so another update:

I wanted to leave anyway - i wont give them the pleasure of a JC, the pleasure of interrogating me - I've mailed me DA letter today.

I text each of my family members telling them of my decision and added "i know this means you'll effectively have to shun me but as far as im concerned you dont have to. Our relationship isnt just "fellow witnesses" we're family first and thats closer. If you want to cut me off then i'll respect your wishes". My mum called me. She's the most hard-core believer (the kind that thinks Elders families are holier than all of us mortals.) She said straight away she's not gonna shun me. She did try and reason with me and so did my sisters but they're not shunning me either.

As for my wifes family... well coincidentally they've invited my wife round. She's told me she's staying there tonight with my daughter. To be honest i could do with the head space. I know what comes next, daddy elder will fill her head with bullshit.

The elders in my mums hall already know about my DA and have "councilled" her of the "loving" provision of shunning her son. In the hope that I'll see the "light" and return to the bOrg. Strange because I only posted the letter in the mail an hour ago! The only person who knew that i was posting it was my wifes dad (an elder in my hall). Words travels fast. Also, nothing has even been announced yet.

All in all i have a bumpy ride ahead of me. All i can says is it's great to be free. But when my family see the cultish DF vids in the upcoming convention we might see a change there.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

The calm before the storm. Keep us updated.....Good luck man.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Since you've gone the DA route, you might take a moment to email close friends to genuinely express your "doubts" and plant a few seeds.

As far as how the situation affects your wife, I'd suggest being the kindest, most loving husband and father that you can be. Her family will smear you as a "mentally diseased apostate" who has aligned himself with the Devil. Prove the opposite.

When the subject of your doubts is brought up at home, ask for "sincere" help from your wife in resolving your doubts. You are not wrong in "testing every expired expression". If they prove to be "not from God" then you are right to "flee from [her"] them.

Doc

• pbrow
    pbrow

Pale,

Play no other card then this.... Who the fuck is any blowjob elder to ask you anything? The gig is up, no fade for you. Kangaroo courts could give two shits about reasonable doubt or about your denial. The next move is yours and yours alone.

You have a daughter? Your duty is to help her think for herself and show her that hiding is for cowards! The funny thing about kids is that they grow up and will start to piece together all the crazy shit that happens in divided Jehovah's Witness households. Make sure she knows what side you were on!

Let your kid go to the meeting, no different than any other fairy tale church. When you give your child the the real life, ie opportunities and experiences that she deserves, she will leave this cult in the dust. Few things are more important than your daughter rejecting this cult on her own!

pbrow

edit... just read your update. Good for you! Glad to hear it! Being true to yourself is of the utmost importance. When your idiot "relatives" and "friends" are on their death bed in 40 years still waiting for armagedon your daughter now has an excellent chance of being well into her "real life"

From first hand experience, my two teenage kids are well on their way out... this will be bumpy but it is worth it!!

pbrow

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"My mum called me. She's the most hard-core believer (the kind that thinks Elders families are holier than all of us mortals.) She said straight away she's not gonna shun me. She did try and reason with me and so did my sisters but they're not shunning me either."

What this tells me is that your mom and sisters don't believe this sh*t (shunning) either. Be prepared. Once the Elders, Regional Convention, etc., get a hold of your family and lay on the guilt, things could change. The rank and file are NOT listening to the GB crap anymore. Why do you think so many families are not joining in on the shunning and so many are sending their kids off to college? The organization is loosing it's grip. That is why the Loyalty convention has been lovingly provided. lol

Hang tight PE. Don't give the Elders control. They want it, but DON'T give it to em. It seems like you are doing what is right for YOU. Keep us posted.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Pale emperor - It was your sister in law that invaded your personal privacy, used your laptop and snooped around on your browser. Unfortunately, she is the one that will be seen as a hero in the congregation. From a human stand point...she is a dishonest piece of scum. She knew what would happen to you and your family by taking this information to the Elders. Yet, she did not have common courtesy to approach you first...she did her JW obligation and ratted you out. This will only elevate her status in the congregation. However for you and your family you will be shunned and your family will have to suffer the repercussions. Remember who she really is...a back stabbing home wrecker. Never to be trusted again! This is from Mr. Toes.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    As for my wifes family... well coincidentally they've invited my wife round. She's told me she's staying there tonight with my daughter. To be honest i could do with the head space. I know what comes next, daddy elder will fill her head with bullshit.

"Coincidentally"??? I think not. This concerns me deeply. Alarms bells are going off! Your wife and child need to be with you!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

How fast a life can change due to those idiots. Scary!! In a few days, your life, your world, your private thinking, collaps into a emotional nightmare. A McDrive for losing all you have. Keep strong! Take care!

G.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    As far as how the situation affects your wife, I'd suggest being the kindest, most loving husband and father that you can be. Her family will smear you as a "mentally diseased apostate" who has aligned himself with the Devil. Prove the opposite.

Yes. This.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"How fast a life can change due to those idiots. Scary!! In a few days, your life, your world, your private thinking, collapse into a emotional nightmare. A McDrive for losing all you have."

G is so right here. Where else in your life does anyone or anything have such unbelievable control over the most important thing in ones life (your family)?

Well, to all you lurkers and ones that feel trapped due to this bulling that WT inflicts on others. Take what means the most to WT....MONEY! VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit