January 19, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN WALES Re: Prerecorded Memorial and Special Talk 2017 - Welsh

by wifibandit 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

How many Welsh don't speak English these days?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

How many Welsh don't speak English these days?

All the ones in Argentina? - vis-a-vis my previous post above

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

And the Governing Body is trying to present material as much as possible in a person's native language.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

How did they do it before? Or is there now less Males qualified to give the talk? If that is so, I can see a trend here. :-)

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

It could have been done in a less convenient way before, but now with technology they are able to make it a much more convenient way.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

It's the first language for many people, who although they speak English too, primarily use Welsh. But I do not see why they've had to buy a luxurious water front property to do the translation.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

No one on here knows first how luxurious it is. Just because it is described one way doesn't mean that is true. Part of real estate is hyping up the good things of a property and diminishing the low parts. Second, no one on here knows the circumstances around purchasing of the property, such as how much was spent, the conditions of the sale or anything like that. Third, Wales is a relatively small geographic and demographic area, there may not have been a lot of land or homes for sale for the refurbishment or construction of a new RTO. And wales is currently in a housing boom, where the number of million pound homes has increased by 12% last year. The Governing Body likes to put RTOs in an area with a lot of native speakers, so this may have been the best place to make an RTO.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Richard Oliver, this demonstrate a serious problem in finding brother's who "reach out" in a particular language.

We slowly observe the same issue in broader languages as well. Recently, an elder from a french congregation lamented the fact that few are reaching out lately. I told him that its the only way people can express how they feel about core teachings. The more people disagree with the society, the less they contribute (time and money).

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Richard Oliver: You know what would be cheaper than a RTO? Have people work from home and for free. That would also work. Is the workload is too much? Lighten the work load. Focus on one book at a time and take it from there.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

They could probably tell people to work from home. But then you would get people on here that will say. Why are they making these people work from home for free and having them buy their own equipment? They should have an office for them to work out of.

They won't ever make people who despise them happy, no matter what they do, there will always be criticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit