January 19, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN WALES Re: Prerecorded Memorial and Special Talk 2017 - Welsh

by wifibandit 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Data dog. U can't just throw that number of 4000 a day number without understanding the facts behind the number. The court of appeals in the Lopez case rules that Watchtower had to present those records but can redact the personal information of third party individuals. Both parties agreed that the victims information should be redacted and even zalkin agreed that the accused should be redacted, at least at one point. The debate is what did the court of appeals mean when they wrote third party, does that include witnesses, congregation and elders have a right to privacy. Even zalkin admits both in court document and to bundy he received documents, though he says they were too heavily redacted. Even though he says he just want to use the information for statistical data, but would not accept a numbering a pseudonym system.

The court of appeals accepted the appeal on 8/26 so they put a stay on the sactions till a ruling is made. So no watchtower does not owe what some people say they do. The sanctions would go up to that point and if the appeals court agrees with the plaintiff in the pardon case.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You're dumb.

DD

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Data dog. How am I dumb please enlighten me

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RO: The court of appeals accepted the appeal on 8/26 so they put a stay on the sactions till a ruling is made.

Source?

• Richard Oliver
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't enlighten someone who's dumb. You have to stop being dumb, then I can enlighten you.

DD

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

In my statement too u what did I say that was wrong? Please inform me.

• respectful_observer
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Okay.

I have a really serious question that I forgot to ask Richard.

(sorry about the train wreck, respectful observer. It happens. Just trying to pull bodies out of the wreck...I am feeling responsible for some reason)

Back to Richard. The train was sliding off the rails when I made a post a ways back where I quoted you and said this:

" The Navajo nation is very happy that Watchtower is trying to present information in that language..."
    Says who? The Watchtower?

Then, after some more swaying and bumping on the train, you came back later with a post that quoted an article saying this:

Dr. Ricardo Ma. Duran Nolasco, professor at the Department of Linguistics in the University of the Philippines-Diliman and a leading advocate of the MTB-MLE, agreed on a currently “compelling need for quality instructional materials in local languages for the early grades.”
    Nolasco said he was glad that local publishing institutions, such as Watch Tower Society, were filling this need by producing reading materials and videos in local languages, including Filipino Sign Language, that can be used as supplementary materials to help pupils in their studies.

Were you posting that article as a source for your comment about the happy Navajo nation? Because, if you are, that is pretty offensive. And not at all the kind of "academic" research that you mentioned earlier. Jus' sayin'

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This thread is about JWs and the Welsh language....

Richard Oliver: For this you have to remember that in Wales there are estimated to be about 562,000 Welsh speakers that is supported by only 10 Welsh congregations. There are in comparison 41 English congregation in Wales.

No, that is wrong.

There are only THREE Welsh langage congregations in Wales. And around EIGHTY - 80 - English language congregations in Wales - I'm getting MY data direct from jw.org - where are you getting YOUR data from??

There are eight Welsh language GROUPS in Wales that are attached to English language congregations - a group is too small to be it's own congregation, generally only one or two elders and maybe up to a dozen publishers.

In addition there are another two Welsh language groups in Argentina that are attached to Spanish language congregations.

ab.ortega: How did they do it before? Or is there now less Males qualified to give the talk? If that is so, I can see a trend here.

Exactly!

And that needs to be coupled with what we know from Barbara Anderson's excellent research that we are effectively seeing ONE JW minister being CONVICTED of child molestation EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Remember the news about the JW Elder from North Wales that hit the headlines just last month on 23 December 2016....

Oh, and BTW, the article says he's from Llanddaniel in Anglesey - this means that his NEAREST congregation - a 6 mile one-way drive - is the Bangor, WELSH congregation - his nearest ENGLISH congregation is Amlwch, which is an 18 mile one-way drive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit