January 19, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN WALES Re: Prerecorded Memorial and Special Talk 2017 - Welsh

by wifibandit 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    There are faith-based grants that the US government does offer but those normally are either competitive grants or have very specific requirements. Normally they are associated with some kind of social services, that the government would have had to pay for either way but if they pay a faith-based organization it may come out with a cheaper alternative. Such as for a headstart system, a church may put on a headstart system and may get a grant for that, but that is because part of a government is to educate it's citizens. So the government may say, we can put on this program and it would cost us X number of dollars to start it up and keep it running, but if we give a grant to a church to run the same program and it will cost Y number of dollars. If that Y number of dollars is less than X, then a cost-benefit analysis would say, well lets just give money to Y and save some money. At least in the US there is a big debate on how far the government can give grants to a faith-based organization and for what kind of services can that money go too.
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw. Then if you know that why did you call them a first world nation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw. Then if you know that why did you call them a first world nation.....RO

I didn`t..

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RO: Outlaw. Then if you know that why did you call them a first world nation.

Oh Richard. Outlaw didn't call "them" a first world nation.

Outlaw said: "1st Nations People"

Google it, Richard. You can add that to your "facts" file

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

That is my fault. I thought he wrote first world nation. I didn't understand the difference but now I do.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RO: ... if they do qualify for a grant that is not competitive and is formula based, they will apply for it and take it.

Thank you for confirming that.

The WTS takes advantage of the government granting systems. Just like I have thought.

The WTS is not fully subsidized by donations. The donations, though, do serve a purpose within most granting systems for non-profits. In order to "meet the requirements" for receiving funds, organizations have to show the agency distributing those grants that a certain percentage of their operating costs is supported by donations from their members.

Without the required amount of donations to present to those granting agencies, the WTS* would fail to qualify for certain grants.

*edit to add - the WTS is probably the wrong term to use. I would suspect that most of the grants for jw..org are run through the corporate structure call the "CCJW".

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    There is a difference between taking advantage of a few grants, and taking advantage of every grant that they would qualify for. I am sure there are a number of grants that they won't apply for, even though they may qualify because of the requirements set out by the agency offering the grant. The example that I gave was that of the Patterson Water Treatment plant. Watchtower doesn't have to take advantage of the fact that NYC will give them money, but because they are going to do those activities as part of their normal operation, they took advantage of it. They also have to look at the cost of administering those grants in order to make sure they don't violate any of the grants terms. Again the instance of the Water Treatment plant, doesn't take a lot to administer it. Mostly setting up a separate cost center and having someone grab the final price of materials used for the maintenance and upkeep of that plant and sending it to the City's department who oversees that grant or subsidy.
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

CCJW only administers the corporate structures for the service department in the US. Watchtower of PA are the corporation that owns copyright and NY is the publishers of the material. The 3 main complexes and the few support complexes are administered by Kingdom Support Services. Congregation remodeling and building is handled by a separate corporate structure, which if I remember correctly is Congregation Support INC or something like that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RO: I am sure that...

That's nice.

What do you base your surety on?

What happened to "only facts, folks...give me facts and only facts"?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

ok. Then all I can confirm is the Waste Water Treatment plant fact. So don't quote me on other grants or if they receive any other grant money. I know the treatment plant was because I know people who worked on maintaining it for both System Operations Department and maintenance shops at Patterson. And they were very strict about putting it down in the correct cost center, and they even explained why the purchasing and Maintenance Construction Office was very strict about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit