January 19, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN WALES Re: Prerecorded Memorial and Special Talk 2017 - Welsh

by wifibandit 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    There are ways to remove a director or a voting member of the corporation but that process would have to be completed before a majority of directors vote one way or the other.

What happened with the Manolo Park Congregation proves your wrong. The elders were all in agreement against the watchtower and still lost control of their organisation since they were no longer elders.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Menlo Park was it's own corporation with it's own bylaws and constitution. Their constitution required that the directors were in good standing and were elders. That is not the case uniformally, nor for Watchtower. You have to read the constitution and bylaws for each corporation.

And it doesn't matter at least in the US. Courts have ruled on this matter a number of times that GB does not control the corporations and one corporation does not control the actions of another. No matter how much you hate it, it is case law and it would take a dramatic shift to change it.

• doublespeak
    doublespeak

I don't understand why it is such a big concern for so many people here what they spend their money on.

This little thing called undue influence and how after an awakening, people get very disappointed with the actions of an organization that still has major influence over the person's closest.

It might also be worth recognising that after learning about the administration of countries like Malawi & Mexico it is plain human nature to perceive everything as having been poisoned.

• blondie
    blondie

More importantly, I would think, they were no longer trustees of the local nonprofit (right they have to be elders). The parent nonprofit has ultimate control to prevent local ones from running off with the assets being able to dissolve the local.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There is an expression I love:

"Its not because something is legal that it makes it moral."

That being said, I think you somehow mixed two topics here. The fact that the watchtower questions the legality of being forced to provide some documents and this topic here about the RTO.

Going back to the RTO, and many of the watchtower's expenses: I think they are far from what Jesus Christ had in mind when he urged his disciples to live simple lives.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Watchtower has no control over what can be done by the local corporation if it is written into their bylaws and constitution that gives them that power. It is abiding by the local corporate governance documents that prevents certain actions from happening. Many of those documents has it written in that if the property is ever sold that the proceeds go to Watchtower, but it is not that Watchtower goes in and takes that money, it is that the governance document says that the money has to be sent there. Watchtower cannot go to a bank and just say we are taking this money. There is a process that takes place.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

You may be right that that they are far from what Jesus had done while he is on the earth. And you do have the right to voice your displeasure on how a non-profit uses their money, but at the end of the day, if they don't break a law, there is nothing that can be done about it. You are doing what you can do, you voice your opinion and you withhold your own money from being contributed. But they aren't breaking any laws. I posted this earlier, John Oliver did a fantastic episode on televangelists and what is allowed to be done with the money that is donated. The IRS rules and Federal Law is very lax when it comes to something like this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watchtower cannot go to a bank and just say we are taking this money. There is a process that takes place.....RO

Of Course There Is:

1)..Theft of the Real Estate,JW`s paid for..

2)..Sale of the Real Estate..

3)..Theft of money,from the sale of the real estate..

It`s all very well planned out..

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    You may be right that that they are far from what Jesus had done while he is on the earth. [...] You are doing what you can do, you voice your opinion and you withhold your own money from being contributed. But they aren't breaking any laws.

Yep, I agree with you there. :)

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Similar letters have been released for Scottish Gaelic, Somali and British Sign Language

SF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit