Article - Wales - Daily Post: 'Sly' Anglesey Jehovah's Witness preacher jailed for sex with a child

by AndersonsInfo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/sly-anglesey-jehovahs-witness-preacher-12361109

Dec. 22, 2016 by Derek Bellis

Elder, Daniel Anglesey pleaded guilty at Caernarfon Crown Court and was sent to prison for two years and eight months. He was married 27 years and father of two. The child he had sex with was 14. Read what the judge said about him at

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/sly-anglesey-jehovahs-witness-preacher-12361109

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

More grist for the Charity Commision mill. Did they report this miserable excuse for a human? Did they protect the wider community? How honourable were those window cleaners and plumbers that dealt with the case?

As always, the problem is not that of the crime. It is how it is dealt with.

My sympathy to the 14 year old and her family.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good thing this construction worker who reported this to the police wasn't an elder, or he would have to call the legal department first, and Elder Daniel Anglesy would not have been caught in the 'act'.

There would not have been 'two witnesses' and all the evidence would have been lost!

It is refreshing to see that this sexual abuse of a 14 year old minor was treated as a crime rather than a sin.

Unfortunately, the official policy of JWs does not require the reporting of sexual abuse, only if it is a law... Listen to Geoffrey Jackson's testimony for ARC.

Notice at the end of this article how the "spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witnesses" jumps on the bandwagon and described this act...... as a CRIME! He gives the lame compensation that "Arthington was sacked as an elder soon after his arrest." (even if he was sacked, if he was not reported to the police, this man, Dan Anglesy, would be free to molest children who are not JWs)

He said: “We would like to offer our sincere condolences to the family of the girl. We abhor any child abuse...... He added: “The elders are there to protect the welfare of the congregation. And I would like to repeat we detest this disgusting crime.

In Australia, 1006 "alleged" "disgusting crimes" of child sex abuse in JW-ville were not reported.

Thank "God" that a worldly construction worker had a conscience and compassion.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

D. Arthington, JW elder: Age 46

His young sex partner: Age 14

What has this religion come to?

Cha Ching: It is refreshing to see that this sexual abuse of a 14 year old minor was treated as a crime rather than a sin.

Yes, that is refreshing. It is sad that you have to be a non-JW to see the episode as a crime and report it.

Remember the New World scenes in the publications that refer to JWs belief in a paradise earth as a 'refreshing' hope for the future?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Scenic Viewer.... Crazy, huh?!

• fokyc
    fokyc

How can this possibly happen?

I was told that, "Elders are spiritually appointed men appointed by Holy Spirit and blessed by Jehovah".

Perhaps the Elders in Gloucestershire have got it wrong?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The Guardians of Pedophiles strike again.😠

• jwabuse.com
    jwabuse.com

Thanks, just posted this http://www.jwabuse.com

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yet another one....Dirty so & so! ....Mattress in the back of the van , a young girl too young to know her own mind. Words fail me.....

it is worth noting that his name is Arthington and he comes from Anglesey. It may be just me but I read it wrong at first

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thanks for the correction, BluesBrother - That's so funny. I read the headline quickly and thought his name was 'Sly' Anglesey Jehovah's Witness preacher.

For some odd reason I was not able to copy and paste anything from the article and had to rely on my memory while writing a little bit of a synopsis of what I read, otherwise I would have caught the mistake.

Reading that headline and getting it wrong reminds me of a website that lists 25 Unintentionally Funny Newspaper Headlines. If you want a good laugh, read some of those headlines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit