Can you be a JW who does not have the GB as their leader?

by DoubtingThomas 99 Replies latest jw friends

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

LLR- I suspect you're senile & Dis-enlightened....

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    DoubtingThomas

Either you're a troll, or the most brainwashed Jehovah's Witness ever born. Please give me your info on which congregation you attend. I will ask the elders about your spirituality, hours in field service, and why an upstanding Witness like you is on a forum like this.

DON'T BORE US WITH YOUR PABLUM! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD MEANS, LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

DT -There is no such thing as two-tier Christianity in scripture. The 144,000 and the great multitude are the same group being described in two different settings (earthly violence vs heavenly blis) and time periods (pre-vs post parousia). The gospel that 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses embrace is non-salvific and provides no assurance because ii's criteria is works-righteousness involving loyalty and submission to 8 popes in Warwick. Jesus cannot save you without these men.

Ding - Excellent analysis:

"There are other groups that don't believe in the Trinity or Hell. The distinctive of Jehovah's Witnesses is loyalty to the organization and the teaching that the GB is Jehovah's appointed faithful and discreet slave who must be obeyed without question."

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Doubting Thomas,

Interesting comments on your part...

Can you please read the following entire QfR ?

*** w86 4/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***

Why have Jehovah’s Witnesses disfellowshipped (excommunicated)

for apostasy some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?

Those who voice such an objection point out that many religious organizations claiming to be Christian allow dissident views. Even some clergymen disagree with basic teachings of their church, yet they remain in good standing. In nearly all the denominations of Christendom, there are modernists and fundamentalists who greatly disagree with one another as to the inspiration of the Scriptures.

However, such examples provide no grounds for our doing the same. Why not? Many of such denominations allow widely divergent views among the clergy and the laity because they feel they cannot be certain as to just what is Bible truth. They are like the scribes and Pharisees of Jesus’ day who were unable to speak as persons having authority, which is how Jesus taught. (Matthew 7:29) Moreover, to the extent that religionists believe in interfaith, they are obligated not to take divergent beliefs too seriously.

(& 1 and 23)…..

Obviously, a basis for approved fellowship with Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth. The Roman Catholic pope, as well as the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, professes such beliefs, yet their church memberships are exclusive of each other. Likewise, simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses. What do such beliefs include

( 1 6 and 7)

When you have finished the reading would you kindly expalin to thsi board the following , expecially how,

by which means ... « Jehovah reveals the truth gradually .. » today and to whom ??

THE WATCHTOWER OCTOBER 2021 STUDY ARTICLE 42 pages 47-48 § 12

Hold Fast to the Truth With Strong Conviction

12 God’s people today do not claim to have perfect or complete knowledge of the truth . At times, they have made mistakes in doctrinal matters and in organizational direction. That should not surprise us. The Scriptures make it clear that accurate knowledge increases with time. (Col. 1:9, 10) Jehovah reveals the truth gradually, and we must be willing to wait patiently for the light of truth to get brighter. (Prov. 4:18) When those taking the lead realize that our understanding on a certain point of truth needs to be clarified, they do not hesitate to make the needed adjustments. While many denominations in Christendom make changes to please their congregations or to get closer to the world, the changes made by Jehovah’s organization are designed to draw us closer to God and to the pattern of worship established by Jesus. (Jas. 4:4) The adjustments we make are drivern not by trends or popular demands, but by a clearer understanding of the Scriptures. We love the truth!—1 Thess. 2:3, 4

12) What happens when those taking the lead realize that our understanding needs to be clarified, and why do they take that action?

I'm very interested – and I do believe many others too in your biblical answer, in line with Jesus words “I am the way and the truth and the life: » (John 14:6)

Greetings J..C. MacHoislopp

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

DoubtingThomas: People here provide reasoning behind their comments and have no problem in considering other's opinions, changing their own in the process. From your comments history, you obviously do not want to discuss ideas and grow from such exchanges. You're simply here to throw statements and to ridicule others. This type of behavior doesn't produce anything at all and is only a waist of time for all involved, including you. This thread feels like playing chess with a pigeon: No matter how good you are, the bird is going to throw the game pieces, shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway!

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I most CERTAINLY do- that's why I'm here.

I've only seen condescending ridicule here.

I guess they have a BIG problem with a JW who doesn't believe EVERYTHING the GB tell us.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

HAHAHAHAHA OP is a shill or mental. You don't follow the GB and say you are a JW, that is as crazy a thing as saying, I like communism I just don't like government control. This has to be one of the most delusional thing one can say. To make it official crazy put it on Tic tok

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

First off poindexter you can not be a JW and not believe the GB is giving out "gods truth". Its just that simple, You can not say you are a JW and be a JW. If you really are I have my doubts, go to your local hall get several elders in a meeting and tell them you think the GB is senile and you don't follow them, If you are a JW and baptized you are out on your ear in a NY second.

• waton
    waton
    shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway! M L
    DT: I most CERTAINLY do- that's why I'm here.

how is that for clearspeak?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I guess they have a BIG problem with a JW who doesn't believe EVERYTHING the GB tell us.''

& just don't admit that you don't believe everything the GB and you'll be just fine. If you speak your mind about not believing the GB, you're a cooked goose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit