Can you be a JW who does not have the GB as their leader?

by DoubtingThomas 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

DT, I'm a dude bubba.

Sea Breeze doesn't believe Jesus ever died

Wrong, never said that.

I'm still waiting for you to provide a scripture that shows how you can get your sins forgiven outside of the New Covenant...... surely there must be one. How else can we explain your total adherence to your view without a SINGLE scripture to back up your belief. Right?

So where is that scripture that shows how you can get your sins forgiven without the NC. I have my bible handly ready to look it up.

Surely, you wouldn't base your entire eternal future on a bunch of men you have already determined to be buffoons would you?

Now, how 'bout that scripture?

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

You can't READ?

No wonder you deny Christ.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Ha!

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you don't have one single, solitary scripture to back up your adherence to a view formulated and promoted by men you have already rejected?

Do you think that is wise?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What do you think the JW's are going to do when,,,,,the GB disappear, or are raptured..( I mean to the Caymen Islands)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

DT

"While the small group selected to be taken to heaven have had their sins forgiven from Pentecost of 33 C.E. onward and thus already enjoy the Jubilee, the Scriptures show that the liberation for believing mankind will occur during Christ's Millennial Reign. That will be when he applies to mankind the benefits of his ransom sacrifice." The January 1, 1987 Watchtower, page 30

The Watchtower organization denies 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses the salvific benefits of a personal relationship with Jesus, i.e., eternal life as a gift, adoption as sons, access to the blood and body of Christ; forgiveness of sins, Christ's imputed righteousness and the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.

All of this of course, is heresy of the first order.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Vanderhoven7 is correct. It is a truth I did not come to know until after I stopped being one of Jehovah's Witness. I believed that Jesus' ransom sacrifice was for all humans as it is written at John 3:16.

After I stopped being one of Jehovah's Witnesses I learned directly from Watchtower publications that Jehovah's Witness are taught that Jesus' ransom sacrifice is only for 144,000. The Watchtower teaches that if you are not part of the 144,000 your only hope for salvation from eternal death is to align yourself with those of the 144,000 who are left on Earth. Later, that doctrine was updated to state that our only hope as non-Annointed ones was to be loyal to the Governing Body.

In an indirect way, the Watchtower teaches salvation for the Great Crowd comes through the Governing Body and not Jesus. Again, the Watchtower does not directly make this statement, but it is a logical conclusion based on the Watchtower's publications and statements made by the Governing Body on JW Broadcasting.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

SB- did Jesus DIE? Decease? Not alive? (for 3 days)

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Sea breeze, I"m not rejecting anything. The bread and wine are only for the apostles in that room with him. The whole memorial thing is not for anyone today.

He said to keep doing this in remembrance of him. They did not have the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John to remember him by. They just had their memories. Like the passover was given in memory of their leaving Egypt, This passover was given in memory of Jesus passing over their sins.

But today we have the 4 books to remember him by. So instead of bread and wine, we reread the books in remembrance of him.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

"Why is it so hard for you to admit that you don't have one single, solitary scripture to back up your adherence to a view formulated and promoted by men you have already rejected?"

What view?

And I have REJECTED them. Only some of their OPINONS.

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

"the GB is Jehovah's appointed faithful and discreet slave"......big claims require big proof.

When did this happen? How was it done? Was there a miracle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit