Can you be a JW who does not have the GB as their leader?

by DoubtingThomas 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Yes, you can. The governing body is not the be all end all in serving God in the true Religion.

They are just the overseers of the worldwide congregation. They should not be creating rules or doctrine, but people like for them to do so because they are followers.

The first century and 2nd century Christians were JWs that didn't follow the apostles.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"How do you expect to survive the judgement after you die as described in Hebrews 9:27 while personally rejecting the blood covenant offered for the forgiveness of sins in Mt. 26: 27-28?"

What are you talking about here? There is no judgment after one dies. " And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment," The judgment comes when Jesus resurrects people.

And what is this rejecting the blood covenant?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Rattigan, are you part of the new covenant by partaking of the read and wine? If not, you are rejecting it.

Note: The NWT added the phrase "once for all time" to try to make it fit their theology.

" it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" - KJV

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

No. I will not be going to heaven.

Are YOU- who doesn't even accept what Jesus taught?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Question: Can you be a JW ("Jehovah's Witness") who does not have the GB as their leader?

Answer: What do you mean by "Be a Jehovah's Witness" and who is being asked?

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses will make it know THEY do not accept people who claim to be Jehovah's Witnesses, but also refuse to accept the Governing Body as their leader. Such a person would be labeled an "Apostate" by Jehovah's Witnesses and any outsider asking about the status of such a person by a third party would deny said person is one of Jehovah's Witnesses. In fact Jehovah's Witnesses would be emphatic that such a person is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You have to ask "who has the authority to decide who is and who is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" It is not like asking if a person is a medical doctor or not. Some board of medicine has been given authority to decide that and records or licenses can determine that.

I could say "I am Catholic, but I do not accept the Pope as my leader." The Catholic Church may have issue with you making the claim that you are Catholic.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

You lie.

I freely admit I didn't, and I am a 'member in good standing'.

• dozy
    dozy

My cousin is in roughly the same place as DT and has tried to maintain that really challenging position for a few years (ie thinking of the GB a bit like the bad kings of Israel to be respected but not idolised- don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - some unique doctrines like neutrality , against the Trinity etc ). He admits it is something of a fudge but for inertia and various family reasons even serves as a MS & does construction work for the Society.

In reality though , so much of the Org is tied up with following the leaders without question and all the meetings are based around that it is an extremely difficult position to maintain (and can never be voiced openly, otherwise the elders come knocking very quickly and you would be kicked out of the Org for daring to criticise the GB).

A much more honest way to go is how Ray Franz depicted in his books , where he made it clear that worshipping God does not involve blindly following a few religious leaders.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

A Ray Fanz had beliefs as in Churchianity.

So he went a LOT further than that.

And made money on his book!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Me: DT, are you saying that you personally claim membership in the New Covenant and partake of the bread and wine?

DT: No. I will not be going to heaven.

Me: Mt. 26: 27&28 CLEARLLY states what the new covenant is for : FORGIVENESS OF SINS. It doesn't say anything about going to heaven. That is Watchtower misdirection.

Read it for yourself:

Mt. 26: 27-28 27And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my ‘blood of the covenant, which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins. - NWT

So, millions of Christians would like to know this: If you personally reject the new covenant for the forgiveness of sins, how do you get your sins forgiven?

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Who was he sharing it with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit