Anthony Morris the III has been FOUND

by Terry 167 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Double post?
  • Listener
    Listener

Not only was he removed as a GB member but it would appear that he’s been marked. It would explain why they have to remove his videos. If they recognise him as in good standing once again, it’s possible that his videos may be reinstated.

It also explains why they only kept the announcement that he was no longer a member of the GB up for a short period and also, the reason why they did not thank him for his service.

His sons, knowing the situation, would not be allowed to stay with him but would be allowed to visit. They could not stay with other JWs or a Hotel as it would raise too many questions amongst the local JWs.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

It remains to be UNseen by us how much Watchtower will subsidize Anthony Morris III, beyond the main one for that modest residence. Those additional numbers will probably never see the light of this forum.

Will they be enough to encourage Tony to keep his mouth shut or will he write a book like Raymond. Raymond Franz, who I believe received a severance of some $10,000 when he left, did not keep his mouth shut because he had too much integrity. He also probably had some backing from bro Gregerson -- a spot of ground for his mobile home plus who knows what else.

Annually, there are maintenance expenses for this residence and for Tony and his wife. Is Watchtower picking up the tab on these as well?

Annual real estate taxes. One rule of thumb is some 1% of the market value. $2,500.HOA (home owners association fees) $74 x 12 = $888 annually.

Home insurance. $800 annually.

Health insurance. $500 monthly, $6,000 annually.

Heating and air conditioning. $1,500 annually.

Water. $600 annually.

Automobile insurance. $50 monthly, $600 annually.

Food. $100 weekly. $5,200 annually.

Total $18,088 annually.

I have no idea how the man can come up with such funds since I doubt he'll be entitled to Social Security.

Begging your pardon since I am probably off the mark here but it gives us some talking points.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

"At first she did not partake but was told by the CO that she should partake for the reason above, She continued to partake until her death years later."

I remember an article, either from the Watchtower or Awake, that explained the same thing - if an anointed person leaves the Organization or is DF'd, then returns later, that person is still anointed.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Check out this fellas' perspective on Tony Morris' new home:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrJ5LtO5k4&pp=ygUUSmVob3ZhaCdzIFdpdG5lc3NlcyA%3D

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Second home could be for his Wife?

RB.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I'd just like to put a little bit of perspective into the so called 'fantastic' deal that Tony got.

Whether you love him or hate him, he really didn't get a good payout.

I'll explain.

Any manager (even a upper mid-level manger) of a billion dollar corporation would easily earning over 200k a year, plus a nice car and expense account for wining and dining clients. On severance, these people typically get extra, as per their contracted conditions. Which can vary between two weeks pay per year of service to four weeks pay. So going with the low numbers (of 200k x [two weeks per year] x 17 years), such a manager could easily expect a payout of over 130k, not including any superannuation or insurance contributions.

Now lets go back to Tony ... and what he exactly received.

Firstly, he got a 2 bedroom duplex (not a house), in on rezoned country property ... THAT HE CAN NOT SELL. Why? Because the Organization are co-owners. So in reality, all what Tony and his wife received was rent free accommodation for life, while they live in that dwelling.

Plus he got a used mid spec'd Cadillac sedan (not a BMW or Mercedes normally driven by company executives) ... and a meager pension.

Why do I say a 'meager' pension? It clearly because if it was a substantial pension, worthy a person who controlled so much company assets and personnel ... would such a person choose to live in 'boring vill' after living a life of prominence? I think not. You'd just buy or rent somewhere else.

But for me a more interesting question to ask, is how did this deal come about?

While the relationship between the Governing Body and Tony was clearly complex. We could assume, that they would have threatened (or implied to) disfellowship him on the grounds of his alcoholism or apostasy. He could have counter threaten (or implied) to go public as Ray Franz did. But in the end, I think that Tony blinked and took the deal they offered, scared the he'd loose access to his family, even though I believe that he had a stronger negotiating hand.

Thus by my accounting, he didn't get a good deal, from any way you look at it. As he could have made literally millions by going public through book deals, TV interviews (and state's witness) for years to come. But strangely enough, I think Tony is still a true believer, only now a little more confused about how things turned out for him.

As it is now though, just don't think that he came out a winner, as he didn't.

He's just become one of the loneliest people in the world.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

And what fo all the other fulltime servants get for devoting most of their lives to the watchtower ?..apart from being told to keep warm and well fed ?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    He's just become one of the loneliest people in the world.

Karma's a bitch.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And what fo all the other fulltime servants get for devoting most of their lives to the watchtower ?

It seems quite arbitrary what people get. I know a widow of a CO who was taken care of for life by being given accommodation and made an honorary special pioneer. I know others who seemingly had to fend for themselves including a former district overseer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit