Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
  • mustang
    mustang

JT,

Mustang here!!!

"you've got mail"; check yer PM/PM me

Mustang

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Mustang- I dont know how often JT checks in here. I bumped an old post of his. Here is his E-mail address.

[email protected]

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

usually CO's hand in expense receipts to the local halls.

when I was account servant he would want to get reimbursed for the following:

drycleaning

carwashes

groceries

car gas

barber

office supplies.

I never saw any entertainment, nor did I see superpersonal stuff.

on the other hand, my hall pays about $69/month for dishnetwork for the CO's apartment

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This fellow has pretty much got it. And once the Hall is paid up much of the expenses are then given to maintenance, renovations, insurance, etc. That is where the publisher rate comes from. The assembly Hall includes ALL expenses into that rate, including any running of the building during the week which usually isn't much in the way of use. For what it's worth most people never see large bills for utilities and so forth on an institutional scale and so it seems like a lot. I know because I spent five years working in just about every phase of Assembly Hall work. Even so there is room for graft and it has taken place, if only because transparency is not a concept most JWs understand or require when it comes to their religion. There is often little incentive to save money on things. Also, many of these Halls have large cash reserves, something that VERY few JW's realize as those funds are not reported on accounts rerports to the congregations. And of course there is no transparency in connection with the Worldwide Work donations.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked and bumped

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I know that is crazy they charge how many publishers are in that circuit. When I found that out I was like WTH? Before I discovered that little nugget as to why the expenses were so much for an assembly hall that was own and paid for by the WTS...

When the announcement was made about being in the red on Saturday afternoon I would lean to my husband and whisper "BS we used that much in lighting and a/c etc." He would chuckle because I usually catch far fetched accouncements and crack a joke knowng that was complete bull.

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

I know I might sound low-But I always wondered the same even as a child-so one day I got pissed off so i "BORROWED" some money fromt he cash box- I felt guilty for a long time. I DONT anymore-LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

I went to one of those "rubber stamping" elders meetings (they were often held duringthe intermission) carrying a great big Ice Cone, I got a few stares.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for bumping this. I often wondered and suspected. Now I know how the assembly part of the scam works.

And for those of you who think 10 to 12 grand for two days of occupancy is somehow reasonable, you're off by at least $7,000.

There isn't one single labor cost involved in maintaining the assembly hall. There is a light bill, water bill, and supplies (which they hound "the friends" not to use too much of). The place is tax free and already paid for. There is no way there are 48,000 dollars worth of expenses every month. 10,000 a month MAYBE but even that is a stretch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit