Mass Shooting at Kingdom Hall in Hamburg, Germany

by EdenOne 171 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    So, rather than filing a formal complaint, which would allow the police to follow through a more in-depth investigation, and potentially protect the members of congregation, they chose to protect the reputation of the Watchtower Corporation and instead send an anonymous tip to the police,

Sorry, but what?

First of all, isn't the idea of "anonymous" that you don't know who sent it? So why are we assuming that it was the local elders?

Second, what exactly do people expect the elders to do? Were they meant to mind-read and tell the police all his plans?

Third, how exactly does this affect the reputation of the WTS in any way shape or form? How would sending a tip?

Isn't it more realistic that someone maybe knew he was unstable, possibly that he had a weapon, and that he had made threats against people?

Let's not have ridiculous expectations or look so desperate to somehow blame an elder for something that we appear like unhinged nutters!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Not making excuses for the shooter but i hold the WTS just as responsible as him. ""

Sometimes their policies and doubling down on such can resort to such violence. This is just aweful.

• vienne
    vienne

transferring blame to the Watchtower is wrong. Nothing it does warrants violence. Saying that it does or excussing it therby is morally repugnant. Excuse my poor typing. I'm on my phone and cant see my words as i type.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Amazon & Barnes & Noble have pulled Philipp Fusz's book, but was still available on Walmart.

My faded memory says Watchtower told Elders years ago to call anonymously from a payphone to report child sex abuse cases.

Jason's theory.

@ 1:32:20https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or94VfZ8C8A
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

WT's policies and double standards will never warrant such acts of violence and terror.

These tragic events have to be prevented though,,,I don't know tougher security at KHs or just moving to an online system. This can't keep going on.

• Riley
    Riley

If his hall knew he had mental issues and he was inactive , they should have just left him alone.

So many issues in his stupid cult just revolve half wit narcissists not minding their own business.

It will be interesting to read his book though. Who would of ever thought a religion crated by a nut job who just has to one up all Christian doctrine would spawn nut jobs who claim to have it all figured out.

• Riley
    Riley

We have a crazy in our hall. 40 something , lives in a group home, can’t work because of anger issues , not allowed to own guns . Everyone feels quite creepy around him. He attends meetings because he was a born in. He doesn’t do any field service or public talks.

If he decided to go off the radar , i sure as hell hope no one is going to set up any road blocks to him leaving .

I don’t care what anyone’s says . Disfellowshipping someone with mental health issues is stupid and dangerous . Now if this guy wasn’t active and they did it to make a point because he wrote his own book instead of the mush he was being feed, this is as much on the WTS as much as the shooter.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Edenone This is crucial. And here comes where the Watchtower policies and culture come to play.

I remember when I was younger we had knowledge of serious domestic abuse (physical elder abuse) perpetrated by a neighbour. We were forbidden by the elders to go to the police.....literally told "it's against our religion, we must remain neutral".

(Compare Elder book directive if the hall is graffitied, or damaged).

If it doesn't affect or harm Watchtower....don't bother. Ever. It's really that simple.

It really boils down to the following:-

Obey

Donate

Recruit

Anything outside of this is a wasted expenditure of energy that could be utilized by Watchtower.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

On the JW website. Pregnant woman and baby also list their lives.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

transferring blame to the Watchtower is wrong. Nothing it does warrants violence. Saying that it does or excussing it therby is morally repugnant.”

Nothing warrants shooting innocent people, but I disagree that nothing the WT does warrants violence.

If my child was damaged for life by a sexual predator and the local Elders could’ve prevented it, then someone is getting a beating. The Pedo would definitely not escape without a significant beating.

Some people are so afraid of “violence” that they allow violence to become rampant. Sorry folks, violence is a part of life. If you aren’t capable of violence when necessary then you will be a victim.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit