Mass Shooting at Kingdom Hall in Hamburg, Germany

by EdenOne 171 Replies latest social current

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

BBC News - Several killed in shooting in Germany church in Hamburg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64910415

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

You know how they say one way we can tell birthdays are really super evil is that bad stuff happened during the birthdays recorded in the Bible.

I wonder what we can conclude from this event........?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I noticed the death toll rose to seven. Probably a victim refusing a blood transfusion. I hope if any are found unconscious the surgeons and paramedics administer blood before the HLC arrives (not sure if they function in Germany - aren't there a few countries which don't allow it?). I'll probably get slated for saying that but there it is. I don't want them to die so sue me.

How bloody awful. Of course Watchtower will be delighted to use this for propaganda purposes, completely taking any focus the publishers might have had toward the child abuse news away and reinforcing their persecution complex.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

I really feel for the children/teens that might attended, when I was about 10 it was one of my worst fears that something like this happens at some point when "the world" would turn against us. I think the perpetrator might be someone involved with that congo, only time will tell.

Another sad thing aside from the "blood dylemma", possible happening now, is the upcoming propaganda derived from this, it's hard to think of the JWs as one any other group like or religion that may suffer from this kind of acts when you are in.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CURIOUS CONFUSED & FREEMAIL:

I read through all the posts on here and nobody said that any JW sitting in a hall anywhere deserves this.

If this is not a terrorist incident and is the result of a disturbed and vindictive person, it in No way suggests that any JW there deserves this. Nobody does. In explaining that certain policies can cause distress, does not imply an excuse for anybody’s actions.

Don’t put words in anybody’s mouth that they did not say!

I think some people on here need to check out an adult education course in reading comprehension!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I think this just goes to show there are dangerous idiots everywhere in the world.

It is horrific that this happens to any group of people. Jews, Muslims, Christians and even teenage girls attending an Ariana Grande concert have been the target of such senseless attacks.

It maybe that some now choose to stay at home on Zoom rather than attend the KH but even then people are gunned down in shopping malls and on the streets. As with many things in life you have to assess the risk and decide on your strategy.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It sounds like a double - KH with two auditoriums, one on the ground floor and one on the second floor. I attended one such in Europe a few years ago.

Very tragic news

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

According to the JW website 6 different congregations meet here: Croatian, Romanian, Twi, Tagalog, English and German. It was the German congregation that was meeting tonight.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I feel badly for those that lost their lives. It doesn't matter if it was at a catholic church or the kingdom hall. No one has the right to take another's life or inflict pain and suffering.

But I am sure that the gb will spin it and use it as evidence of god's people being persecuted and the nearness of the end

• Alethia
    Alethia

My wifes friend lives 10min from this Kingdom Hall. Shes in the neighbouring cong. Apparently some of her friends got shot So sad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit