Mass Shooting at Kingdom Hall in Hamburg, Germany

by EdenOne 171 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

f you aren’t capable of violence when necessary then you will be a victim.

Legally, when you stop being a victim legally, then you become an assailant and can be accused, prosecuted and sued. The only people that get away with violence are criminals and cops. Law abiding citizens go to jail or are compelled to pay their sweet assailant or robber or mugger or burglar or molester. If you don’t give a hoot, be ready to pay and have a lot of fun in legal proceedings justifying your violence or in jail.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

Letter from the CE branch:

March 16, 2023

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS
    Re: Update on the Situation in Hamburg
    Dear Brothers:
    The cruel act in Hamburg on March 9, 2023, has severely affected the whole brotherhood. We
    are all saddened and suffer along with them. (1 Cor. 12:26) It is all the more overwhelming what has
    and is being accomplished locally to support our dear brothers and sisters, starting with the first hours
    after the crime and continuing until now.
    Many relief efforts have been coordinated in close communication with World Headquarters
    to best assist all those who are suffering. Brothers of the Hospital Liaison Committee, circuit
    overseers, Branch Committee representatives and many others have been working tirelessly last week
    and this week to assist and to provide comfort or practical help to victims, relatives, and brothers and
    sisters of the congregation. These efforts demonstrate Jehovah’s compassion. The words of Psalm
    34:18 really come true: “Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted.”
    We are pleased to inform you that a funeral program is planned, which will certainly provide
    special comfort to all those affected. A member of the Governing Body, representatives of World
    Headquarters, and members of the Branch Committee will also be present at this occasion. The
    program will take place in Hamburg on the last weekend in March 2023.
    Please continue to pray incessantly for the brothers and sisters who went through this
    traumatic experience (2 Cor. 1:8-11), and for everything that is being done to help them. We are
    convinced that Jehovah is our secure refuge in times of distress. (Ps. 9:9) Please be assured of our
    love.
    Your brothers,
    [Central Europe branch office]

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    "Please continue to pray incessantly for the brothers and sisters who went through this traumatic experience..."

and

"We are convinced that Jehovah is our secure refuge in times of distress."

Pray for the ones who went through this experience? It's a little late isn't it, since the main ones who went through this 'traumatic experience' are now dead. A lot of good being at a KH meeting did them, where Jehovah's angels did not protect them.

And "Jehovah is our refuge in times of distress?" Really? It doesn't always work, does it?

What empty language.

Is that letter actually real? It's from Watchtower, so I suppose it could be.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Not true Fishy-Face, at least not here in the USA. There are limits, of course. Self-defense can be violent, but that doesn’t legally make me an assailant for not being the victim as defending oneself is legal.

If I practice some vigilante/Batman style justice then legally I would be viewed as an assailant. I won’t argue with that. I just won’t get caught…

DD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I notice no monetary assistance offered. I hope they don’t use this as a publicity stint. Please don’t let rubber face Lett onto the stage.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Utterly dreadful for all those involved, and for the children who witnessed something no parent would ever want them to see. Kind thoughts to all those who were there and their families.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Utterly dreadful for all those involved, and for the children who witnessed something no parent would ever want them to see. Kind thoughts to all those who were there and their families.""

Nice comment, well said.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I hope they don’t use this as a publicity stint.''

Don't give them any ideas for an assembly, convention or something.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Not a single word of praise or gratitude to the police and authorities for their prompt intervention that probably saved many more lives ...

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Not a single word of praise or gratitude to the police and authorities for their prompt intervention that probably saved many more lives

Interestingly, they did thank the police and other authorities in the notice posted on the website Newsroom, but that was mysteriously removed within a couple of days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit