Nosferatu vs. Nigerian Scammer

by Nosferatu 198 Replies latest members adult

• Celia
    Celia

Who can explain to me : what next ? I mean, why does this "Nigerian" guy absolutely needs the fax and phone numbers ? What is the next step in that kind of scam ? How would the "Nigerian" guy make money out of it ?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good for you, Nosferatu! Like you, I have no qualms about any deception deployed against the scammers!

So far this is hilarious!

Understanding the Nigerian Scam:

The Nigerian Letter Scam is a worldwide scam that is known internationally as the "Four-One-Nine" (419) scam. The "Four-One-Nine" refers to the Nigerian criminal statute for fraud. The scam has been around since the 1980s and began as a postal letter scam. It now includes phone contact (including cell phones), Internet/Email and fax messages.

The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) has received more than six hundred complaints on the Nigerian Letter scheme since it began operations in May 2000. Of these complaints, only two have been identified as having an actual monetary loss. The combined monetary loss of the victims was $31,000.

The Internet/Email Nigerian Letter Scheme is not a new scheme; rather, it is merely the same traditional scheme using a different approach. Unfortunately, the Internet provides an opportunity for nameless, faceless criminals to thrive. The Internet allows individuals or companies to reach out to thousands of internet users by sending e-mails, posting items on auction sites, posting messages on bulletin boards, entering ?chat? rooms, or building web sites. The traditional method of sending this scheme through the mail is becoming obsolete as the perpetrators of this scheme know they can communicate under complete anonymity with large crowds and minimal effort using the Internet. These perpetrators have not targeted any specific Internet domains as the scheme is widespread and encompasses practically all domains.

This scam operated as follows: the victim received an unsolicited email, fax, or letter typically concerning an area of Africa (normally Nigeria) containing either a money laundering or other illegal proposal. Many subjects claimed to have the money hidden in a box being held by a private security company. This scam had numerous variations; however, the majority promised huge sums of money to the victim for his/her assistance in transferring the funds to an overseas bank account. Subjects routinely requested that the victim replies via email, but some requested phone and fax contact. Regardless of the requested contact method, the subjects requested the victim?s telephone number, fax number, address, and bank account information.

At some point, the victim was usually asked to pay money up front. This money was required for miscellaneous expenses in processing and transferring the money to the overseas account. If the victim pays the money, problems occurred which required more money until the victim either quits, ran out of money, or both.

All Nigerian Letter Scams reviewed involved millions of dollars that needed to be moved out of the subject?s country to make the money safe or legal. The most common letters (14 percent) offered the victim 30 percent of the money for helping the subjects. Other letters offered the victim 20 percent, 25 percent, 35 percent and 15 percent cuts, respectively.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Who can explain to me : what next ? I mean, why does this "Nigerian" guy absolutely needs the fax and phone numbers ? What is the next step in that kind of scam ? How would the "Nigerian" guy make money out of it ?

Basically, the Nigerian asks you to wire money to bribe high officials and other "costs" to help release the millions of dollars that you're going to share with him. They'll even ask you to fly to Nigeria where they'll rob you of your money.

• sens
    sens

lmfao @ ebola monkey man site

• smack
    smack

hasn't told you about the modalities yet. tis early days, have fun with the thieving prick

Steve

http://www.geocities.com/a_kerenx/index.html

http://www.nigerian419fraud.freeserve.co.uk/

http://www.africanscam.co.uk/

I have way too much spare thyme at work

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I get so many of these that scam e-mails and letters that I am now becoming more discriminating. I respond and tell them that I find their offer of 10 million dollars to be insulting. I refuse to get scammed for anything less than 25 million. Nothing else is worth my time.

As everyone knows, the Nigerian scam is fake - just a fraud. But, I got one the other day from Uganda that seems quite interesting...

Seriously though, there are some pretty sad stories surrounding this fraud. For example, one of the ladies who works for the same company that I do, had a fiance who fell for it. He was an accountant for another company. He embezzled from his employer to pay for the scam, then when he discovered what had happened, he committed suicide.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

From Pennis to Yusuf

Hello Yusuf.

So, I went over to Willdrop's place last night with a sixpack and a bowl, hoping that would help convince him to let me use his phone. We got a bit liquored and buzzed, and had a great time. Anyway, I asked him if I could use his phone to call Nigeria. He told me to go f### myself. Some friend. So I started telling him about you, the seven million dollars, and how I'm going to buy a riding lawnmower with my share. He called me a retard for falling for it. Some people just don't get it.

So, the bad news is that it looks like I'll have to wait for Monday to do something about a phone. Feel free to send me the documents. I'll have something to work on during the weekend.

Also, you'll never believe what Penny did. I found out that she took my credit card and bought herself a wholesale lot of maxi pads from ebay. There's 5000 of these things!! Where the hell are we going to store 5000 maxi pads? Who bleeds that much in their lifetime? You know Yusuf, I've just about had enough of this woman. I was better off living on my own.

Anyway, hope you can send me the documents today, as well as your picture. Looking foreward to hearing from you.

From Yusuf to Pennis

Dear Grabur,

Apologies my good friend, I never intended it to be a
    riducle. I just felt close to you after reading your
    last email and what I said to you is just the way it
    goes among my friends. I apologise once again; just
    forget about and let's move on.

I'm comfortable to communicate with you via email but
    I'm concerned when this gets to official level. But
    I'll see that its fixed when we get to that level

I am on the verge of securing the Incorporation
    certificate. If I succeed with this today, which I
    hope to, then the registration will be done tomorrow.
    But I need your address before I can complete the
    registration. Include your address in your next email
    to enable me get the registration certificate
    tomorrow.

As soon as I get these two certificates, I will send
    them to you as attachments.

Attached is my picture and I am 51. I hope Willdrop’s
    sister won’t think I’m too old for her. What’s her
    name? I Will like to see her picture too.

Take care my friend,

Gimme A Break!!!
    From Pennis to Yusuf

Hello Yusuf. I just recieved your email. Here's my mailing address:

3671 Viking Way, Unit 10
    Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
    V6V 2J5

Thank you for your picture. You must have a really low-grade scanner. Your picture sorta looks like a cartoon drawing. Anyway, I sure as hell don't find you attractive, but I don't think Willdrop's sister will have a problem with you. Her name is Jessimica. I'll send your pic to her and tell her to get in contact with ya.

Talk to you soon,
    Pennis

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL! That suit looks like it was made out of construction paper. I think someone in South Park should check their closet for a missing suit.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Now chijun, what you half to go do dat fo?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

lol syrup...is that a chef hat on your head?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit