Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think what time he was there is irrelevant , what is more important is that he's buying a box of hard liquor obviously for his own and maybe his wife's consumption.

The latest medical observation coming out of health officials is that alcohol is damaging to ones own health even a little.

Does drinking hard liqueur show a good example to other brothers and sisters ?

This guy is suppose to be among the highest moral and wholesome people of the entire JWS organization.

I find it hypocritically ironic that JWS look at non JWS as immoral worldly people with no moral values, yet many JWS are heavy alcoholic drinkers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a brother who was inactive for years and had a box of alcohol delivered once a week. One Saturday the box was delivered just as two elders made a visit to his door. The elders said the box of alcohol was enough evidence he was a drunk and disfellowshipped him. There’s more to this story as well. The reason the two elders were calling on the brother was because his mother (a JW for nearly 60 years) had recently died and they intended to make arrangements with the son, who has severe psychological issues, to have her cremated. In the end I don’t think the sister ever was cremated. We are not sure what happened to her body, but her son was disfellowshipped for being a drunk.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Jehalapeno: In fact, there's no evidence to support much in this thread other than the fact that Tony...

Or put another way...

"In fact, there's no evidence to support much in this thread other than the fact that Tony & the Mrs. love to drink!"😊

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...what would happen or become of any other rank & file Bethelite if he/she were seen carting a box full of hard liquor into his/her room?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was about to cut him some slack and say "hey, anyone can buy a bottle of scotch" but then he went about bought like 8 fucking bottles!

My next question is, where did the money come from?

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

I don’t care where the money came from if they are begging children to give up their ice cream money all their extra funds should be donated. Shame on him for not learning from Sophia!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I just can’t get over the trench coat and hat disguise. Might as well have donned a beard and some fake tattoos as well.

The time left is reduced for the WT. Let us eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may be broke.

Hard times at Bethel these days.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Where did the money come from?" - pale.emperor

You can rest assured that he paid for that stash out of his own pocket. Mother Watchtower would never approve of that expenditure even if he is a member of the Governing Body. The Golden Rule is 'Don't fu@k with mommas purse!' Back in the '70's when I was at Watchtower Farms, George Couch (not a member of the Governing Body but one of Nathan Knorr's best friends) misused his requisition privileges in order to obtain lots and lots of steaks and fancy cuts of meats. He was chastised accordingly. Speaking of alcohol consumption and George Couch.......... I had keys to off limits places at Watchtower Farms and had gone in to George Couch's room to do some work. George Couch's personal alcohol stash would rival a commercial bar. And as any ex-Bethelite can tell you: Misuse of alcohol is RAMPANT at Jehovah's house.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was quite hesitant to jump on this at first, as technically he is not doing anything wrong per se.

BUT, then the scriptures at 1 Cor 8 and Romans 14 came to mind:

"If eating meat or anything else causes my brother to stumble, I will not do it...so as to not make my brother stumble" etc

SO, surely he lacked wisdom in choosing to buy so many bottles all at once in such an odd way? He removed them from their individual gift boxes, which may mean they are not a gift for others, and he really seemed to know his product when asked.

So, even though it isnt wrong to buy and consume alcohol, was it the wisest thing for the annointed of Jehovah - christ's brother, to do?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

One of the things that really gets me about this is that the Governing Body encourages little kids to give their ice cream money to Jehovah's Organization, while Anthony Morris III uses his money to buy hard liquor. The $850 he spent would have gone a lot farther toward "kingdom interests" than a child's dollar.

Another thing, mentioned previously, is that it's entirely inappropriate for someone that has taken a "vow of poverty" to spend lavishly on alcohol - I don't care where the money came from, even if it was his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit