Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@BourneIdentity..

Except, as I have mentioned, I have had the exact opposite experience. Not a hypothetical scenario, a real actual experience, as a baptized witness, buying three (3) bottles of vodka in front of an elder (he was buying too), and everything was just fine.

So where do we go from here?

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Bourne, I was with you up and to the baseball cap and fake Groucho Marx disguise. I think that's pretty far fetched, perhaps you were being facetious? Up until that, I think that's been the culture of jw-dom for the last 50 years, or at least since I've been associated, and, if anything, I find it to be a bit more lax in recent years, but my perception is only of a few congregations I've been a part of. And we all know that the personality of a congregation can vary depending on the local and the disposition of elders and others in the congregation. But, the overall mantra, always give a good witness by our deeds and actions, never do anything that may be perceived as wrong, so as to stumble others. Appearances are everything. Perception is often grounds for council and prying to see if further action is warranted. So in that sentiment, you are absolutely correct.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

MMM, well I would say you had leverage. šŸ˜

If he was doing the same thing, he had no ground to stand upon, to council you. This is the argument we are making about TM. He stands upon high moral ground, giving harsh council to his 8 million sheep, critisizing and condemning petty actions, and then he's spotted doing something that the average jw would easily be questioned and counciled on, if another JW were to observe and rat him out to the elders.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Oh so you are saying that if he wasnā€™t buying, I would have gotten council?

And when I would visit an elderā€™s home with liquor cabinets stocked, that too is elder ā€œprivilegeā€?

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

MMM, please see my above, revised statement. (It seems I added to it, after you commented. Sorry)

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity
    MMM

I've looked back at my responses as well as all the others, and I'm not sure why you are failing to reason on how easy it is to see this. You are a troll, it's the only explanation.

I'm going to keep this really simple. Tony is a victim of the culture he has had a strong hand in creating and enforcing in the JW Org. He's a victim of his own doing and I find a great deal of pleasure in that. It's everyones obligation to think the worst in any given situation. They take it to the elders and then the elders tell the flock that we want to always think the best of the friends, but they will look into it. Every active JW plays a role in doing this to keep the congregation as clean as can be from any wrongdoing. If this is the worst case scenario and Tony is a raging alcoholic, then the apostates played a part in helping to clean up God's Organization. That is the whole purpose of the culture Big Tony created. It's a must to follow if we want to bring praise to Jehovah and his earthly Organization. So as much as apostates are mentally diseased and in oppostion to Jehovah and his Organization, it appears alot of us by being in this forum and discussing it, still are looking out for it and have its best interests in mind to remove the filth from it, HAHAHA.
  • Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

MMM:

Oh so you are saying that if he wasnā€™t buying, I would have gotten council?

Maybe, maybe not, but how could he? He didn't have a leg to stand on. Perhaps he wouldn't have cared, regardless. A great many elders wouldn't have. But that is not the standard by which the organization holds itself, "beyond reproach".

MMM:

And when I would visit an elderā€™s home with liquor cabinets stocked, that too is elder ā€œprivilegeā€?

Not necessarily, but there's a difference between what you do, privately, behind closed doors, and what you are seen doing publicly. Again, perception.

This was drilled into me since I was a small child, by my father, by the elders from the platform, at assemblies, and in publications. So much so, that it is part of my make up. I am constantly aware of how my actions are being perceived by others. It's actually served me well for the most part, but that's beside the point here.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Btw, how do you guys highlight others quotations? I have been trying but it has me stumped, lol.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    lastmanstanding: what kind of activist are you?

My previous exjw identity is well known. I prefer not to reveal it in a public forum, since I've decided to not be an active activist any longer because of the negativity the exjw online community has. But let's just say I did a lot of satire videos a few years ago in addition to debunking JW.ORG FAQs. I also wrote two articles for JW Survey and helped Cedars with one of his videos. In addition, I had part of my family's story featured in an article and radio interview on NPR.

My YouTube channel has around 2,000 subscribers.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Bouneldentity: Very well put. Probably the best reply Iā€™ve heard so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit