Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so where do you guys think this will lead ?

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Absolutely nowhere. But Iā€™m enjoying the show! who doesnā€™t turn their head when they see a massive car crash on the side of the road? This is a pr nightmare

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

1 Cor 10:23. "All things are lawful but not all things are advantageous. All things are lawful but not all things build up. No one should seek his own advantage but the advantage of others."

Tony M. isn't doing anything "wrong" or illegal in my opinion but it does seem more than a little ironic that a man in his position, would risk "stumbling" someone or creating a controversy by possibly being seen entering a liquor store and purchasing a large quantity of expensive hard liquor. Weren't they always warning us to avoid at all cost, stumbling anyone or bringing reproach on the organization, even if it meant inconveniencing ourselves ?

Luke 17:2 " It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."

I'm guessing he went all the way to New Jersey in an attempt not to be recognized by someone from Bethel or by someone in one of the local congregations there in Warwick. "If " that's true, then he knew his actions were questionable.

Regardless...I still maintain that there's a secret "Speakeasy" there at Bethel and all of this came about because it was Tony's turn to stock the bar.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

You know what blows my mind in all of this? All of the apostates, PIMOs, inactive ones, disfellowshipped, disassociated or even ones that have never been a JW on this discussion, are referencing scriptures and articles from the Watchtowers showing how what Tony did wasn't right. Then the WT apologists, at least that's what they appear to be, are leaning more towards their own human reasonings to defend him, rather than sticking to God's Word and the Watchtower. Oh the irony!! Be warned, when you have to close the Bible and the WTs and use your own reasoning, you have abandoned your faith! If you have abandoned your faith, then why defend Big Tony? Are you close buddies with him?

• hybridous
    hybridous

Tony M. isn't doing anything "wrong" or illegal in my opinion...

He's doing enough, if he were a no-name brother of little consequence who perhaps had an elder or 2 that disliked him...

To give sufficient excuse to such elders to ask probing questions, cast suspicions, further investigate with possibilities of reproof...or worse.

That's why this even speaks so loudly to some of us (who WERE brothers of little consequence), and speaks still to certain sincere, devout JWs...

Who until now, have lived with a certain image/expectation in their heads about Governing Body members.

This event presents an opportunity to credibly challenge such images and expectations.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Bourne:

Iā€™m not a WT apologist. Simon is the owner and creator of this site.

What we have is a disagreement. When people are called trolls and AM defenders, and in my case, making Nazi arguments, you tend to get a very negative reaction. Iā€™ve posted here for years.

Also, there seems to be a recent pattern of ā€œI donā€™t like your position, therefore you are a Nazi, or at least a cultistā€. Itā€™s just not a valid argument.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

MMM

Thanks for clarifying. I mean no harm or ill will, itā€™s just great to discuss things with differing opinions and not get taken into a back room for it. :-)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Bourne:

More points have been made since last night. But there is no way Iā€™m fully responding on my phone. I donā€™t have the thumb stamina for that.

• belogical
    belogical

I think this is Tony M's Last public talk. I say this because he Identifies his wife as a liker or whisky

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

This has nothing to do with what local elders will or wonā€™t do to us.

Theres no comparison. None of us claim to be Gods prophet and send people to their death.

I Have noticed that nobody, especially ones who make false comparisons and defend Tony, have responded to the posts I have made outlining the difference between Tony and the rest of us.

I posted about the 2 JW women who chose death at the demand of the Governing idiots.

I also posted, calling out Tonyā€™s support team, to go show the video to local elders.

nada response

The silence is deafening...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit