Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Yeah, I always drive at or slightly over the speed limit if there is a cop behind me late at night - nothing screams "stop me, I'm guilty!" more than driving overly cautiously and under-the-limit when there is no need.
    That sounds like sarcasm. I hope it is sarcasm. I see nothing wrong with "driving overly cautiously and under-the-limit."
  • Simon
    Simon
    I hope it is sarcasm. I see nothing wrong with "driving overly cautiously and under-the-limit."

Why would it be?

People who drive over-cautiously can easily cause accidents.

When you have right of way, take it, don't hesitate. Don't imagine it's "safer" driving at 80 Kph when other traffic expects you to be going 110 Kph, it isn't.

• vienne
    vienne

A police officer friend tells me that driving overly-cautiously is a good sign the driver is intoxicated. Most officers, he says, would stop the driver to check. It's also a sign that a wellness check is needed. This sounds reasonable to me.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Many years ago I had a job that I would leave around midnight or one. Almost every night I was tailed by the police. While I respect the work that the police have to do, I quickly tired of this game. Since it's a small town it had to be the same two, at most three cops doing it.

I decided to quit playing. I started pulling off the road, then pulling in behind them. They don't seem to know what to do with that, and always turn off within a block.

Now, decades later, I still do this. I've never had a problem and it's absolutely legal. It's much more fun to play the game my way...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    police officer friend tells me that driving overly-cautiously is a good sign the driver is intoxicated. Most officers, he says, would stop the driver to check. It's also a sign that a wellness check is needed. This sounds reasonable to me.

Yes I knew a cop retired guy that trained met officers in advanced driving skills etc long time officer said absolutely over cautious driving is a dead giveaway...but he means really over cautious, like doing 55 on a motorway etc.

It Depends where you’re driving, though, on a motorway or dual carriageway any competent driver should be doing exactly on the speed limit to drive safely but in a residential area driving cautiously at 20 or 30 mph depending is the decent thing to do. It’s actually illegal in London now in many places to drive over 20.

• minimus
    minimus

President Biden prays the jurors do the right thing and convict the cop. Besides an influential House Rep calling for upheaval, you have politicians seeking to influence the jury. There’s supposed to be no communication with the press or anyone else to influence the decision of the jurors. This guy is being denied a fair trial-

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

What I find annoyingly stupid about this case is why did all the cops after one cop took a pulse check on to Floyd and said there was none did any of the cops make a suggestion to turn him over and try to resuscitate him ?

I dont see the murder charges going through but criminally negligent manslaughter which was one of the charges.

Even that wont sit well with some people, so yeah there will be riots in the streets once again, because after all it was a race issue .........or was it ?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    What I find annoyingly stupid about this case is why did all the cops after one cop took a pulse check on to Floyd and said there was none did any of the cops make a suggestion to turn him over and try to resuscitate him ?

They can't - crowd. Plus, they don't really know. How many times have you tried to take a pulse but can't find one, but the person is just fine? Floyd had already taken advantage of the rookies there. If they had lost control of the situation, they would be blamed for that. If they had turned him over and let him die on his back, same result. If they had forced him into the vehicle (again), he would have just died there, annnnnd same result.

• minimus
    minimus

Right, the whites wanted him dead , obviously

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Plus, they don't really know.

What do you mean the guy is laying face down with no movement whatsoever, obviously blacked out with no perceivable pulse.

What looks bad for all the cops there was they didn't make any attempt revive him once it was realized they guy was clearly out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit