Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    A better argument can be made that Chauvin's abusive and unauthorized restraint tactic exacerbated Floyd's demise....

Except the prosecution just put a “use of force” expert on the stand, and during cross, he admitted Chauvin could have used more force and still been within his rights.

• MeanMrMustard
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The video shows that the cop had his knee on Floyd's neck for most of time in the restraint position, then he move it back a little to Floyd's top shoulder.

He probably blacked out due to both having air blockage and blood flow restriction with that amount of pressure on his neck area as well his chest by the other officers.

When this happens its the police's duty to take assertive action to revive the person who was placed in restraint.

All the cops at this arrest event screwed up and they will most likely be punished with Derek Chauvin receiving the highest level of punishment.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    He probably blacked out due to both having air blockage and blood flow restriction with that amount of pressure on his neck area..

That’s not how it’s playing out in the courtroom. “He probably” died of having three times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system, ingested as the police arrived because he was in the middle of a drug deal.

Crowder has done this demo twice now. It looks bad, but it doesn’t choke. It was the drugs.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't believe Floyd died of asphyxiation. Most likely a combination of drugs and stress of the situation. I still think Chauvin is a dick who mishandled this situation. He deserves some sort of punishment. But the person to really be blamed here is Floyd, for being a criminal who doesn't know how to act after being caught.

It's hard to imagine the repercussions that this incident has caused across all sectors of society. BTW, United Airlines announced today that they will make sure that 50% of pilots are minorities. Think about that for a minute. Picking airline pilots based on skin color.

The Floyd incident has given strength to the Woke mob. It has opened the door to all sorts of irrational ideas that are now infecting all parts of society. Believe it or not, I would argue that this incident is changing the world with a comparable impact as 9/11 did.

One criminal that would otherwise would have probably overdosed in a street corner, or be killed by his peers in the ghetto, in his own stupidity by refusing the get in a police's car, has changed much of the world.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    BTW, United Airlines announced today that they will make sure that 50% of pilots are minorities. Think about that for a minute. Picking airline pilots based on skin color.

Jesus. I haven’t seen that. But assuming it’s true - that really needs to go to court. That is actually illegal. But further, it means I’m not going to fly United. I don’t want my flight, heaven forbid there is an issue, to fall out of the sky because the pilot was a diversity hire.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Lethal dose of fentanyl:

I can’t seem to include the photo from my phone. Here is the link: https://cco.ndu.edu/Media/Images/igphoto/2002090915/

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

“He probably” died of having three times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system

Ok if thats true than the police should notice he blacked out unconscious and taken some kind of recovery action.

Again the police screwed up

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Ok if thats true than the police should notice he blacked out unconscious and taken some kind of recovery action.

Again, that’s not how it is playing out in court. The prosecution’s expert on use of force said he’s held guys longer, even when they are unresponsive. The reason? Because guys that are on drugs tend to pop back up and start fighting again.

A common strategy is to *say* you are in distress, but *lie*. The officers knew he was on something - but had no idea what was going on. We only know now after the blood work.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Firstly, did Floyd swallow the fentanyl tablets when he was arrested to avoid being charged for possession?(common occurrence) If so, there was not enough time for the tablets to cause an overdose.....it would take at least 20 or 30 mins to begin to take effect.

Secondly, an addict usually knows his limits. He would be unlikely to swallow an amount he knew would be lethal - arrested or not (it’s not worth dying over) - and having three times the “lethal” dose for a NON user is not necessarily going to have the same effect on an addict. Habituation raises the level at which a drug will cause harm to a person.

All these things will be assessed by an expert witness in court*. The initial coroner will not necessarily be such an expert.

And thirdly, should breaking the law, being an addict or passing off fake notes (because you are an addict) be deserving of a death sentence?!

Most cops in this situation get away with it. Unfortunately for Chauvin, he is going to be made to pay for generations of sociopaths within the police service. 2% of the population have sociopathic tendencies. Not all of them act on these tendencies and not all of them are in positions of power - medicine, nursing, policing, the armed forces, social work - where their behaviour negatively impacts members of the public or even puts them in danger, as is the case with Chauvin (unfortunate name, too!)

* I would hope. It’s surprising how poor some lawyers are (as we’ve seen with Watchtower court cases. We’ve also seen some amazing legal minds at work too, of course)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit