Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Floyd died because of the restraining technique the cops performed and his heart condition, along with a certain amount of drugs in his system .

But that still doesn't make an excuse for the cops to not do anything when it was noticed that he went into cardiac arrest.

• pistolpete
  • minimus
    minimus

The verdict will be in in an hour,

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Here we go. Maxine was only "fortifying" the verdict.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    What do you mean the guy is laying face down with no movement whatsoever, obviously blacked out with no perceivable pulse.

Right. But there are countless other times where a guy, doped up, laying face down, no movement suddenly pops up and starts beating the shit out of the officers.

You can see Crowder go through the same hold. It's fine if you don't swallow lethal doses of drugs when you realize the drug deal you are a part of is going bad.

• minimus
    minimus

My thread is down for some reason but guilty on all 3 counts!

• Simon
    Simon

So "guilty" then, jurors chose the lives of themselves and their families ahead of the guy they never met, and I can't blame them!

The judge already directed people to the future appeal, where the real verdict will be decided ... maybe?

And at least there won't be any rioting, violence and looting ... right?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    Yep, the judge refused to sequester the jury or even protect their identity, that is purely jury intimidation from the beginning.
    This will be appealed and Minneapolis is already burning.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

First, the people who have been waiting for this verdict to resume pillaging and rioting are just mildly disappointed. Certainly they will find an excuse to do it anyway.

Second I understand why the jury went with this verdict, but to be fair, this was never going to be a fair shake. The amount of pressure on these jurors at all levels including the fear of what might happen to themselves is real. It was never going to be fair.

All in all, Chauvin deserved to be punished. To what degree is debatable, but I respect the decision.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

JUSTICE SERVED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit