The locking of threads.

by seven006 124 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Visit Smiley Central! for meee? aw tanks.

• obiwan
    obiwan

sssiiiiggghhh!!!!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Obi-

What exactly are you trying to say?

• avengers
    avengers
    Controversial issues are as important to this board just as much as the fun fluff threads

Dream on.

• obiwan
    obiwan

SP said Obi-

What exactly are you trying to say? It's a getting a little old, that's all....

• Xena
    Xena

I went back and was looking for a thread and started noticing a lot of little locks on threads...so I started counting them.....9 locks....in 11 or 12 pages of threads....

I think your stats may be changing Simon....it would be interesting to see what the numbers are since you added some mods. Also had someone in chat mention a thread of theirs completely disappeared...are things like that included in your stats? and in another thread apparently portions of a conversation between two posters were deleted cause the mod just didn't seem to feel they were necessary. On ahd the thread I was trying to find...when I click on it I get "access denied"....interesting. lol and yes I did PM someone about it...

must be nice to be able to decide what is and isn't necessary for other people and to be able to impose it on others, even if it is just on a database.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Xena-

I really like you new avatar! Sexy and cool all in one!

9 locks....in 11 or 12 pages of threads....

I find this interesting as well. . . hmmm. . .

• sens
    sens
    9 locks....in 11 or 12 pages of threads....

• Angharad
    Angharad

Well if you count up the number of threads involved - going back over the last 9 locked threads which is over 14 pages. Its actually 9 topics locked out of 280 threads. Not a huge number IMO

Also often when a thread is locked, we sometime end up with a few spin off threads, to get around the locking. We can go for a week or more without a thread being locked and then we get 2 or 3 in one day - so just looking at the last few days isnt a fair comparison.

Obviously there will be more moderating now there are more moderators, but was necessary to stop the moaning about how things were being missed all the time and 'why are you allowing all this' when we had no idea that it was happening. So yes more things will have been dealt with since we got more mods.

What is so difficult to understand if a thread spirals into name calling and insults and people wont stop, what should we do? Ignore it - then we get the crys of 'why is this being allowed, so and so called me a nasty name etc. So it is locked

If a topic is deleted, its usually because its offensive, or someone trying on continue something from a previous locked thread. Contary to what people are making out there is not a huge number of threads actually deleted. Occasionally one will be moved into the admin area to get a second opinion, this is when you will get the access denied message.

As Razor has already said locking,deleting, removing of posters is in no way unique to this board. It a part of online discussion boards everywhere, unless you have a totally unmoderated board. Are you saying that is what you would prefer?

must be nice to be able to decide what is and isn't necessary for other people and to be able to impose it on others, even if it is just on a database.
    Yes, we just love to put up with all this hassle whenever one of us makes a decision about something
  • Simon
    Simon

OK, I've had enough of the incessant bitchnig about anything and everything.

Bottom line? If you are not happy then leave. It's as simple as that.

The board is run how we think it should be run and any off topic comments can and may be deleted, insults and arguments removed and inappropriate material deleted.

If you are not happy with it, tough. Grow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit