• Brummie
    Brummie

sorry NPY, this thread is for smartasses only...bye

(just kidding,)

miss ya by the way

• seven006
    seven006

Stinky Pantz,

We love you too. I think it's just a testosterone thing. It will pass in a few days.

Not,
    I didn't start this thread with the idea it would turn into this. I have moments of time when my other computer is rendering so I jump on this computer to read and post. I wanted to let it go but Teejay kept asking for it. I'd hate to disappoint the guy.

Dave

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Miss me Brummie?

Back up and try again.....

• Aztec
    Aztec

" Moderating, if done properly and with just a bit more care and consideration, can easily be done far more evenly, resulting in far fewer hurt feelings, than what is so often the case here. On the part of a moderator, it doesn’t take the wit and wisdom of a brain surgeon to demonstrate a little self-restraint, realizing that the mod’s standards of right and wrong / proper and improper don’t apply universally. In some cases, a mod’s standards apply to them and them only and they should accept that. If they don’t, they are unsuitable as mods, IMO."

Teej, the mods here are extremely good. I've been on other boards where the moderation is not very good. I think you are quite wrong in this instance! If you don't agree I don't care but, you can pm me anytime. :-)

~Azzie

• teejay
    teejay
    Wow, is this the gang up on Teejay thread? Strength in numbers, right? -- StinkyPantz

Let's see... all of them against the one of me. Sounds like a fair fight.

==================================================

Brother Dave,

First of all, don't you owe me an apology? Isn't there a need for you to correct a false statement you made? Or would you rather let the lie you told stand as is? Your choice. Either way, I'll understand.

In case you forget: This thread. Page two. First post. First paragraph. There, among other ridiculous, unsupportable statements, you said this: "you are one of those people who will never admit they are wrong about anything." Did you speak with AlanF as I suggested? If so, what did he tell you? In addition, have you seen the comments of others -- others more familiar with the goings-on around here -- whose comments directly contradict yours? If *that* assertion of yours is false -- and it is -- one can only wonder what else you said is unreliable. Which is the singular idea at the very heart of my first post on this thread, but I digress.

In the future I'd advise you not to author another thread if you have no interest in discussing what it is you post. I know you have your fan base and expected nothing but "well dones" and "atta boys" but you should have expected at least one or two who wanted to go more indepth. If you didn't know, now you know. I like some of what you post and think that when you are in your element you do a fine job. But please realize that there will be times when people don't agree with every word you say. I know that might be difficult for you to believe, Dave, but that's the way it is, I'm afraid.

I happen to think that the topic you posted on is quite relevant. That's why I posted to it. It might surprise you to know that I posted a thread that dealt with some of these very same issues not long ago. Unlike this thread, however, that one lasted about four hours and got less than 20 replies before it was locked. Check for yourself to see if any of the reasons you cite as justifiable reasons the mods supposedly use to lock threads exist there. If you find any, I'd like you to point them out to me. Would you do that?

If you like, I can point to other examples of the moderators capricious behavior which would tend to disprove the claims you made in your initial post here, which is, again, my point. That is the only issue that I was attempting to show you, that sometimes a thread is locked not because of anything having to do with the thread. When that happens, something very wrong has taken place and corrective measures should rightly be taken.

You Continue to assume the mods are perfect and without feelings. People like you can piss them off all the time. It's only human to stay mad a while or come to a point of total frustration from beating your head against a wall trying to get a few thick headed people to quit playing their little games. Some times the mods get upset.

So, it's okay for mods to get upset, then. We can excuse *their* humanity and make allowances for *their* upset feelings but can't do the same for anyone else. Is that your point, Dave?

I don't normally get into pissing match like this but some misunderstood people like you won't shut the hell up until I do.

(see the first paragraph of this post to you)

I said I wasn't going to argue this point way back in the thread but you have to continue to open your big mouth and jabber on until a person get so frustrated at your little comments they have to try and say something just to shut you up.

Don't start threads if you don't want a discussion to commence. And don't say things if you're ill equipped, unwilling, or totally unable to back them up.

TJ, I told you before, I neither have the time or the interest in playing the cut and paste game you so much enjoy. I know HS spent some time when he handed you your ass in the Honesty thread but I just don't have the time to flip back and forth through threads and other boards to show how much of a hypocrite you are. I do that quite nicely all by yourself.

That's not a totally unexpected response, Dave, but I'm afraid it won't do.

Suppose I said that you were a clueless imbecile who had the reasoning skills of a three year old. Let's further suppose that in response you asked, "why do you say that, teejay?" It would then be my responsibility -- indeed, I would take it upon myself -- to offer proof, and believe me I WOULD. Not everyone is like this and I suspect you won't understand what I mean by the following, but *I* am not haphazard with my comments here. My words speak for me long after I'm gone. Sadly for you, so do yours.

Simon's software makes it very easy to research a poster's history. Place your mouse's pointer over my name in my profile to the left and then click on "post history" in the drop-down menu that appears. That will take you to every post of mine back to March, 2001.

Are you willing to do a bit of research to back up your words and show us a scintilla of proof that my head is up my ass? Tell me.... did your father do as mine did and teach you that your words should have iron in them? That they should be able to stand the test of scrutiny? Or are your words just words, worth only the price of the paper and ink?

Besides the fact that you CONSTANTLY play the poor little victim on the board

More words, Dave? Or iron? Put up or do the smart thing and avoid matters you know absolutely nothing about.

From a guy who was so brilliantly handed his butt in his hands for NOT BEING CONSISTENT, you might think before you hit that caps lock button again.

Again, please sidestep issues you are clueless about.You are in deep enough doo doo right here, Dave, and there's no sense in getting yourself into yet another sinkhole from which there's no escape. Unless, of course, you can give us an overview of what thread you're talking about where Hs "handed me my butt." I'd advise you to be careful, however. Simon locked the thread of which you repeatedly speak and warned that discussion of it (by me and me only, apparently) would result in severe repercussions and complications.

Nope, sometimes they get locked simply because YOU post in them.

Oh. I see. Threads are locked because teejay posts to them. Gotcha. You're making more and more sense as we go along, Dave.

You love specifics too don't you,

As a matter of fact, yes... I do.

Didn't you get kicked off the board once for doing that stuff?

No.

I don't remember, I could BE WRONG.

More than "could be." Try: "are," as in: "You are wrong." But I'll let that error slide as it has nothing to do with this board. Does it, Dave?

I know that is the reason you were banned from Kent's board before the first poster wrote a word and it will ALWAYS be that way. Now that is a definite ALWAYS.

My, my, my -- how you love to ramble. Again, Dave, let's try to keep our focus. We were talking about moderation on THIS board, remember?

Does that include his constant comments about not bitching about the mods? Or is that something Simon has repeatedly made clear but you haven't heard because your head is up your ass?

I'm not bitching about the mods. I'm commenting on your post. Specifically, I'm interested in getting a reply to the questions I put to you on page one, which apparently offended you.

Me: >>>>> Even if people feel that they have been mistreated, Simon and the mods aren't perfect and are doing the very best they can.
    You: >>>>> Now that's a nice little bit of last minute brown nosing to try and cover your ass TJ. You almost had me sold on your sincerity.

Dave, Dave, Dave. Ever heard of sarcasm?

But, reading your comments in several threads where you have bitched and moaned about the mods leaves me to believe that you are just about out of brown nosing bullshit.

In several threads I've 'bitched and moaned about the mods," eh? More words, Dave? I suspect so. Any interest on your part to back those words up? I didn't think so.

Well, TJ, I said earlier that I didn't want to do this but since you were so CONSISTENT on whining and egging me on I did. I did it for you pal, hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry that you view a response to your post as "whining and egging on." As for me enjoying it, I did. Thoroughly.

I look forward to the links you will soon offer to support the several allegations you have made. Or, I will look forward to your gutless silence. Either way, I will understand.

I wanted to let it go but Teejay kept asking for it. -- Dave, to notperfectyet

So YOU wanted to let it go but *I* kept asking for it, huh? Anyone interested in the truth has to merely review this thread to see how much of a lie that is, Dave.

Or were you joking? And have you been joking the whole time? If so, that would make everything you've said here fall right into place.

p.s. Simon is going to wake up in the a.m. and be upset about this thread. He will take his ire out on me, even though I have done nothing but respond to the good Brother Dave. Watch and see.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Oh, come down of the cross, we need the wood.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Holy moley Teej, you got your guns out don't ya? You nitpick people to death. Are you in love with minutiae? As much as I like you I think you are a total shit stirrer! You love controversy!

~Aztec

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>> I think you are quite wrong in this instance!

Azzy,

Please point out where I am wrong. I said:

>>>> Moderating, if done properly and with just a bit more care and consideration, can easily be done far more evenly, resulting in far fewer hurt feelings, than what is so often the case here.

Am I wrong? Could hurt feelings been avoided if mods had exercised a bit more care and consideration?

>>>> On the part of a moderator, it doesn’t take the wit and wisdom of a brain surgeon to demonstrate a little self-restraint, realizing that the mod’s standards of right and wrong / proper and improper don’t apply universally.

Which part of *this* statement is wrong?

>>>> In some cases, a mod’s standards apply to them and them only and they should accept that.

?

>>>> If they don’t, they are unsuitable as mods, IMO."

?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Are you in love with minutiae?

lol. You have no idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit