The locking of threads.

by seven006 124 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

TeeJay,

I'm not going to have it out with you on the board. I know you have PMed me twice and I have not answered you. I have tried to tell you what I thought about you before and I am getting to the point that I realize I am wasting my energy. I gave you my phone number and you can use it at any time. To me you are one of those people who will never admit they are wrong about anything even after guys like Hillary Step have done the cutting and pasting to give everybody the "proof" as you always ask for. Proof against you doesn't seem to slow you down or open your eyes so why should I bother?

I don't play that game.

I will say it again, you're a smart guy but not as smart as you think you are or could be. Your really good posts are constantly over shadowed by your pot stirring and inability to get a clue. I hate to see that because when you decide to write something with some depth, it's damn good writing and beneficial to the board.

Say what ever you like, I am not going to respond back, you have my phone number and once again I will say, use it. If your goal is to have this thread locked you are well on your way to getting that.

For your efforts in doing so, you get a cookie.

Dave

• sf
    sf

Dave,

Why run now? Answer the man.

sKally, can i call ya too and elaborate on this thread with ya?

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

"Is that anything like telling someone they have their head up their ass without providing a single example of what in the hell you're talking about?"

Actually, I think telling someone their head is up their ass is rude and inappropriate, no matter how wrong they are. If they are slightly wrong, talk nicely and they may see it, talk disrespectfully and they won't. Unfortunately, some people are expecting to be told that, so they seem to hear it without it being said.

Besides, teej, if their head is waaayyy up their ass, they won't be able to hear you - so why bother?

• teejay
    teejay

Dave

I know you have tried to tell me more than once in the past what you thought of me. You are free to think of me however you will but, as I see it, that is really beside the point, as is what I think of you. our respective opinions of one another have absolutely nothing to do with this thread / topic, which is the exact reason *I* didn't bother to even bring it up. You are free to think that I never admit that I am wrong, but that only goes to illustrate a point I made earlier: you're really not here often enough to speak representatively on certain matters just as your statement about my never acknowleging wrong doesn't hold water. We all, even you, can be clueless about certain things.

I'm sorry that you have responded the way you have to what I feel are fair questions, Dave. Every thread / opinion put forth here is fair game for discussion, I thought, and IMO your post is no exception, unless Simon says it is. If you'd prefer not to answer, then fine, but it has nothing to do with whether I have your number or whether I've pm'ed you and you have not responded.

The point is, there is no question that Simon and the mods have the best of intentions as they go about managing the board. I doubt there are any here who'd suggest that they have an evil agenda or a explicit desire to hurt people's feelings. The fact is, however, they are imperfect and mistakes have been made, people's feelings HAVE BEEN needlessly hurt, and little (if anything) has been done to correct the problem. To repeatedly pass off our mistakes onto others guarantees that our mistakes will be repeated. People can accept that reality or not, but the reality will remain.

I'm not upset with you in the least. As I told you privately, I thought we had BOTH put behind us whatever differences we once had. I know I have. Perhaps after leaving behind the kiddy stuff and giving more thought to what should be the true matter of concern -- your opinion about the locked threads and my subsequent & sincere questions -- you'll rethink your last post to me and join back into the discussion.

Whatever you decide, please do keep your cookie. Thanks anyway. I have my own. :D

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    In fact, I think if anything we've been too lax in the past and allowed things to go on that should have perhaps been locked.

Don't worry about it, Simon, Craig is catching them as they are brought bttt and will soon be taken care of.

• seven006
    seven006

SF,

I am not running. I am trying to avoid having this thread turned into yet another pissing match. I do a lot better on the phone and nobody has to put up with any pointless and negative arguing. The man asked for my phone number and I gave it to him. The ball is in his court.

If you would like to call me and discus this further, send me a PM and I'll give you my number.

Dave

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I keep hearing that TJ never admits he is wrong. Not the way I recall it at all. Ive seen TJ correct his position, based on evidence presented, many times. Ive seen him publicly admit he was in error too. Of course there are posters whose every utterance is carved on a stone tablet like the word of God.

But TJ isnt one of them

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>> I am trying to avoid having this thread turned into yet another pissing match.

Dave,

With all due respect, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being cold and 10 being hot, as far as I can tell this thread hasn't reached level 2 yet. We're just talkin', here!

>>>>> I do a lot better on the phone and nobody has to put up with any pointless and negative arguing.

Then you should not have made this post, Dave. This is a discussion board and, frankly, I'd like to discuss a topic that I feel is quite relevant, considering today's events.

Of course, if you'd rather not....

• seven006
    seven006

RF.

I keep hearing that TJ never admits he is wrong

The clue is in the words "keep hearing". You might ask yourself who and how many people you "keep hearing" this from? If I "keep hearing" something it tends to get my attention and makes me rethink my position.

of course there are posters whose every word is carved on stone like the word of God

Is this what really bothers you RF? Is this a little jealousy coming through? You have written some pretty good stuff yourself. Do you think people think the same of you? If not, then why?

TeeJay,
    I got your PM and I am not at all upset. Thanks for your phone number and I will try and call you tonight.

Dave

• myself
    myself

Does thread locking keep the stock of Orville Redenbocker from going up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit