What's the most ridiculous thing you were ever counselled on?

by micheal 142 Replies latest jw friends

• casurfguy
    casurfguy

watching rated "R" movies, what else?

• jwbot
    jwbot

• Having a slit in the skirt...how else am I supposed to walk?
    • going to college
    • being a girl that is too assertive...cant have that in the women folk!
    • Movies...watched movies all the time, hell, they didn't even like PG-13 ones!
    • Asking too many questions...not having enough faith.
  • Odrade
    Odrade

Well, um, nothing the elders EVER counselled me on could come close to some of the rules (based on principle don't you know) that my parents had.

Couldn't talk to boys on the phone...when I was 18!

A slit could come to the knee but no higher because a skirt was only as long as the slit was high.

It was not appreciating spiritual provisions to take the last three days of the month off service even though I already had my time in.

Anklets were pagan, so were hearts. Can't wear ankle jewelry or jewelry with hearts. Any jewelry with a crystal was also pagan. Never mind that if you cut it in a different shape it's still the same rock.

My mom still wants to know when I'm going to remove my belly button ring cause it's so "contrary to bible principles."

Can't count the number of times I got counselled for reading too much fiction or secular non-fiction. They seemed to think I needed to read an equal number of pages in the "Society's literature" to make reading for fun or learning okay.

So, the petty things the elders might have said to me... well my parents always beat them to the punch.

Odrade

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

great topic.

when I lived in Arcadia Fla.

I lived on Eastling St. with olie and the dereings, keatons and beans and the two sisters Alice and Pat that were dikes but no one said anything,

and a half dozen other witness,

they called my street jehovahville,

any way sister beans dog would wander the streets as if he owned them, come into your house and bit you.

and old bean would not do anything to stop it.

so one day after he came in the house when my wife opened the door, and bit my leg. I got fed up and took my blow gun with 6 inch darts and shot the dog about 3 times, I loved seing the crap head running home 3 doors down with wire dart stuck in his ass

needless to say super Jackass Arnold called me in to a meeting for lack of respect for gods creatures

I argued pionts for an hour about if a fly bothers you you swat it. well I just stuck a couple of steel darts into a rat dog.

I refused to loose the argument and walked out.

• Xena
    Xena

I am in a strange city with a 3 month old baby and my JW husband has been air-lifted to the burn unit in this town. I visit him twice a day in intensive care and spend the rest of the time nursing and taking care of my baby in the attached housing for family members. A brother from the local liason committee (they wanted to ensure he held fim on the blood issue, don't ya know) councelled my husband, as his laying there drugged up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his body, that he needed to speak to me as I wasn't making the meetings...lol you gotta wonder at the nerve don't you?

• blaid
    blaid

sideburns past the bottom of my ear, not talking to people enough, talking to people TOO much (wtf am I supposed to do you dumbasses!), not shaving a five oclock shadow before i came to a meeting, standing at the back of the hall when my legs were hurting so badly that I couldnt bend them (i was growing, and I am again...6'4 here I come!)

my goodness....im gonna lose it...

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hey Blaid! Good to see ya again! Did you get any leads on hooking up with a band?

Odrade

• Skanky
    Skanky

That my white shirt was not white enough for me to be giving a bible reading, at that moment I said hell with this, so I went out annd went draging the BLVD with my friends at 17 years old.

• sens
    sens
    A brother from the local liason committee (they wanted to ensure he held fim on the blood issue, don't ya know) councelled my husband, as his laying there drugged up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his body, that he needed to speak to me as I wasn't making the meetings

OMG!!! (((Xena)))...that sucks....Hell!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I was actually counseled very few times... I just remembered one, however.

I was doing the mikes, and sitting on an aisle seat; my bookbag was on the seat next to me. While I was up doing my duty, a sister came in and sat down in my apparently vacant seat. I went to her and asked her if she would mind moving one seat over, so that I wouldn't have to climb over her every time I had to get up for the mike. I don't know if she misunderstood me or what, but she got up in a huff and went and sat somewhere else in the KH.

Of course, I had whispered to her, and no one knew what I actually said... everyone just assumed I asked her to go sit somewhere else. I was embarrassed, but no one said anything about it.

I thought that everyone had forgotten about the incident. But several months later, when I was being counseled on what I needed to do to become an MS (kiss up to the elders more), this incident was brought up. At least the elders had to grace to back off after I explained what happened.

Actually, the two brothers counseling me were, if anything, the most out-spoken and indepenent elders on the body; one of them had his appointment as elder delayed for a couple of years because he wouldn't play the ass-kissing game. I think that they both were a little uncomfortable counseling me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit