What's the most ridiculous thing you were ever counselled on?

by micheal 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was counseled for

• not being submissive enough
    • teaching sign language to brothers without a napkin on my head
    • and caring for a sister who was dying at home

well and a bunch of other things too numerous too mention - and I was a good JW!!??!!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I can't really say now since i'm undercover and the one really good thing that I did I just can't disclose. Looking back I can't believe that I thought that I wouldn't get in trouble from the elders on it. If anyone ever read it from the tri-state area, my guess is that they'd pin me as Winston Smith.

And a couple of things that are so ridiculous that I couldn't believe that I was even being asked about it. All I could think of when I was getting the counsel in the backroom was, "Are you really serious? Someone actually complained about this?"

But that one is really unique too. I can guarantee no one here has ever been counseled on it. I still laugh about it everytime I think about it.

Remind me to tell you when I'm out, Ok gang?

Keep 'em coming.

Winston.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

purchasing 500 thead count pillow cases when "the son of man has no place to rest his head".

6of9

LOL, you kill me six!

• sens
    sens

Watching SouthPark

3 Sens 4

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

the man-made rules they make up are different in each congregation.

The elder that studied with us would tell us we shouldn't give our kids kool-aid, he would say this as he drank coffee with it's 400 plus identified chemicals in it.

The other one was some co's wife insisting it is tacky to wear boots going door to door. This was in North Dakota where winters are freezing.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

• micheal
    micheal
    All I could think of when I was getting the counsel in the backroom was, "Are you really serious? Someone actually complained about this?"

I used to think the exact same thing Winston. But then I would also think, " Don't you guys have anything better to do with your time? GO HOME and spend time with your wife".

• stephen
    stephen

Hi

When I became a JW I was a musician, running my own band, mostly pops - for money - and depended on it for my family, but was advised to follow the pattern of the English footballer - a pro - who gave it all up as he was a JW

So I left all the bookings (and we were totally booked up) to the rest of the band and sold all my musical gear

It took about two weeks for me to start to go crazy - I'M A MUSICIAN !!!-

I went up the road and bought an old guitar and started again

I'm 'out' now and quite a successful one man band - its just in my blood - ever since I was seven - I'm 70 next year and have known since that time that I'm never going to stop - that is - untill . . . . .

Also, my son Nic (was about 10 years) and I were out on the FS in the winter with others including an elder who told me to stop Nic from kicking up snow (he was loving it) AND I DID!!!

Every time I think about it - it hurts me to this day

What a waste of life

Stephen

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK,

This is from a priest...so it ain't quite the same as an Elder...I'm president of the Catholic Youth Organization at my parish...we sponsor a a dance for High School Kids. I'm 16, have my girl friend with the nice big butt...anyhow...after the dance I was counseled for dancing with a girl...I was suppossed to be setting the example for the other kids he tells me. Oh well, I did set an example...how to do the grind on a slow dance.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK,

This is from a priest...so it ain't quite the same as an Elder...I'm president of the Catholic Youth Organization at my parish...we sponsor a a dance for High School Kids. I'm 16, have my girl friend with the nice big butt...anyhow...after the dance I was counseled for dancing with a girl...I was suppossed to be setting the example for the other kids he tells me. Oh well, I did set an example...how to do the grind on a slow dance.

• Francois
    Francois

I was told not to take sisters to my apartment. Can you imagine? So I took two at a time.

I was told it was wrong to wear light blue shirts to the KH. So, I switched to white ones over which I wore a kakhi lesiure suit top that looked like a safari jacket. Drove 'em nuts.

My technique was to appear to cooperate, but there was always some glitch in the cooperation.

They hated my steel framed glasses, so I got gold ones instead.

They hated my wide ties, so I got some that were thinner, but they were hand painted ties from the forties I got at a garage sale. They were obviously thirty years old.

They hated my aftershave, so I got some that reeked of cheap hotel. They hated that worse.

And it went on and on and on like that. I made a game out of it, to see how terrible I could make my compliance. I won every time. One of the younger elders saw plainly what was going on and he got the biggest kick out of it. Patted me on the back and laughed with me every time.

But finally I grew a beard and that was the end of the comedy. I just walked off the stage after they made an issue out of that.

Cheap dirty little cult.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit