What's the most ridiculous thing you were ever counselled on?

by micheal 142 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Well if I was there I would NOT have been offended, stumbled, or hurt. I would have gave you the ole pat on the back! Good Work, mu buen echo!

• Sassy
    Sassy

thanks Homey..

• wednesday
    wednesday

Sassy,

funny u should mention that story, b/c at a cong picnic, a very nice bro called me "legs" b/c i was wearing shorts. They were short, but not obscene. Should have seen the looks and heard the gasps.

• mustang
    mustang

I got a "shepherding call" because I was reading Analog magazine (Science Fiction/Science Fact)!!!

As I recall, this was a separate visit from the one where I got reamed for going to night school @ the local Junior College. I compared notes on that one with another brother. His JW BOSS had told him to get some training for his job; so the poor "bro" took an accounting class. We got our visits the same week. Neither one of us were missing meetings (yet).

They went to the trouble of coming to my house for those visits.

Mustang

• wednesday
    wednesday
    As I recall, this was a separate visit from the one where I got reamed for going to night school @ the local Junior College. I compared notes on that one with another brother. His JW BOSS had told him to get some training for his job; so the poor "bro" took an accounting class. We got our visits the same week. Neither one of us were missing meetings (yet).

They went to the trouble of coming to my house for those visits.

Mustang,

that is the most pathetic thing i have ever heard. A class in accountingn and some junior college. Dear Gawd, willl u be teaching people evolution next? Perhaps engaging in a philosophical debate? Is there no end to the evils of junior college and a class in accounting?

the phrase "get a life" comes to mind for those elders.

• freelife
    freelife

I got counciled because some dumb a-hole said that i was driving too fast through the parking lot. The guy that said that about me was a notorious lead foot. He thought that everywhere he went he was in a NASCAR race. They also couciled me because i was planning on going out to buy a few drinks at applebee's when i was turning 21.

• james_woods
    james_woods

My grandfather saw to it that I had one of the first Porsche 911 Targas in Oklahoma City. It was in 1969 and it was day-glo orange. Got straightened out by the CO for having a selfish car. Used the same excuse as for attending college - had to respect my nonwitness elders because the bible says so...still drive a 911.

James

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

For having styling gel (a.k.a greasy/wet look) in my hair when it I wore a spiked/flat top.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Too many rings on my fingers during a talk.

• Now What?
    Now What?

Wearing Mickey Mouse socks with matching Mickey Mouse cufflinks during a public talk.

*edited to add: I was the one giving the talk from the platform

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit