What's the most ridiculous thing you were ever counselled on?

by micheal 142 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I was counselled for wearing a wool sweater instead of a suit coat to a meeting. So I bought more wool sweaters and wore them to all meetings and service for the rest of the winter. Oh yea, I am such a rebel.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When Wifey and I were 'courting' - early 70's. We were seen holding hands at a circuit assembly and counselled that holding hands was reserved for those engaged to marry.

I wondered what scripture that was!

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Almost forgot this one -

I was about 17 and pioneering. Single of course. In our congo was another pioneer, about 10 years older than me, a married sister. She had two cute kids, so I stopped over at her house [her UBM was there] and gave the kids a toy or some treats once in a while.

One day out in service - our PO [the same asshole who headed my lynching committee last month] took me aside and suggested that 'Linda is upset that you might have improper intentions toward her.' I couldn't believe my ears - I had never done anything to make her think that way. It turned my stomach how 'perverted' an absolutely innocent situation was made to seem.

I mean, what did these guys think? I was planning on banging this 10 years older, grossly overweight, pioneer, while her UBM and kids watched?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit