What's the most ridiculous thing you were ever counselled on?

by micheal 142 Replies latest jw friends

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

My wife was counselled not to wear a sun dress because it showed to much of her shoulders.

• Austrian
    Austrian

I bought a 4x4 truck and a couple elders pulled me aside to let me know that it shows how week I was spiritually. They told me that how did I ever plan on pioneering in that vehicle, and how was an older sister supposed to get in the vehicle. That was the point in me buying it!!!

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Let's see I was told to quit working at St. Mary's Hospital (Catholic) by the elders and my ex was for it thought I took better care of patients than him. Go figure?? Submissiveness settled in and I removed self from the hospital. What a martyr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To wear a more conservative neck-tie

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Now I remember one that happened to me. I was taking my little brother to the meetings with me and when he was 4 he fell asleep during book study and he snored. Well the conductor tells me after that he snores too loud and I need to keep him awake, pinch him if I have too. I was a teenager so I didn't tell him to go f**k himself like I would now! - V Sky

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sending this pic to a M/S.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hamas. Perhaps that picture made the MS feel kinda funny inside, and caused him to have impure thoughts............or maybe he would have preferred a picture of Brad Pitt LOL

• undercover
    undercover

Inappropiate ties. Grooming(mustache, sideburns, hair). Mode of transportation(2 door car a no-no, motorcycles show spirit of the world). R-rated movies. Listening to the Beatles. Going to rock concerts. Drinking alcohol(as an MS I should have been setting example by not drinking). Parlor games(other JWs complained about supposed demon activity). Staying up too late on Saturday nights(wouldn't be awake and attentive the next morning at meeting). Wife was counseled on dressing too provocatively(she started wearing gunny sack, granny dresses. Embarrassed me, but the elders got the sarcasm).

• obiwan
    obiwan

My father was counseled on missing meetings. See, my grandmother at the time was an alcoholic (she's long since passed), and every so often he would put her into a detox center. So most of the time, the visits would be on thursday..meeting night.

Knowing my father like I do, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. There ears had to of melted.

• micheal
    micheal

Hamas believe me no one will cousel you for posting that picture here. As a matter of fact post it as many times you like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit