E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon
    I can see Simon, E-Man and a few others, driving on sidewalks and Interstates wreaking havoc on the United States.

"Run Americans, run ... save yourselves !!" LOL

Maybe we can get E-Man to drive one of those Cadillac Escalades, or Simon & Angharad, a GMC Yukon. Big as some those H.M.S. ships.

We've hired a "Standard SUV" ... should be able to tag quite a few pedestrians on each straffing run with that.

I fancied the Cadillac Escalades because I wanted to see if it drove like in Midtown Madness 3 (XBox)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFL@"I fancied the Cadillac Escalades because I wanted to see if it drove like in Midtown Madness 3 (XBox) " man, you are really into that Xbox thing, aren't ya!!!

It will be hilarias to see you Brits driving. Remember E-man how I would gasp when you drove down those narrow roads (on the wrong side of the street for me!!!) I'll be watching HL to see her reaction!!

Wow Simon, are you sure you can handle one of our "standard SUV's?" Even your trailors and motorhomes are cute little barbie doll size things.

The party is growing!! Can't waitl

j2bf

btw, E-man, you can put the tip on the Credit Card, but most people like cash because <lowering voice to a wishper> they don't have to report it.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah ... driving over there is a piece of cake - the roads are so big you have to try really hard to hit someone and we're used to driving much faster here - try going less than 90Mph on a Motorway when it's busy!

We've had an SUV in Canada (I know, a bit less traffic) so hopefully we'll be ok and we're used to driving on the wrong side of the road - you guys should really get in line with us and drive on the right side (which is really the left).

Now, if it's fear you want ... just watch me when Angharad gets in the driving seat !! (just kidding, she's very good)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

So who's picking me up on the way ?

• Simon
    Simon

I've been told I'm not to try and pick up any women while I'm over there ... I think she meant giving lift's

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've done some shopping around for car rentals.

About $140 for 1 week,

$100 refundable deposit

Plus a tank of juice!

The insurance arrangements are quite different to the UK where third party liability is unlimited. What sort of charge will be made if I buy car insurance over there in the US?

Any other surprises?

Thank you!

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon
    Plus a tank of juice!

Sometimes this means that you have to bring it back full OR they charge you their price for gas (which may be more than the regular price). It's often very convenient though.

Pretty good price!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I still can't get my head around this insurance thing. Maybe I'm getting decrepit. Ron, the landlord of the pub, went to the US last year and thought that he had paid for everything related to the car rental in advance. He had to pay an extra sum - not sure how much - for the compulsory insurance.

Englishman.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"compulsory insurance." ??

If your credit card will cover the insurance of an auto rental, check with your credit card company, or your own car insurance covers ANY vehicle you drive, then you don't need the insurance the car rental place tries to sell ya. They give you this song and dance that if you have an accident with their insurance it won't show up on your policy at home and thus your rates won't go up.

Do what you are comfortable with or can afford.

j2bf

ps, I need to start a list of who all is coming........maybe in a couple of more weeks. The list is getting long, just my memmory is getting poor! hehe

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon,

you guys should really get in line with us and drive on the right side (which is really the left).

Yeah, you Brits drive on the 'right' side of the road. And we Americans say "NO, YOUR OTHER RIGHT". The REAL RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Right is Right. Left is WRONG! You and South Africa are against the world on this left side driving issue. Big hint.

As to the debate between you and Eman about driving a Semi vs driving a house, when you get here I will let you have a ride in Catapillar Deisel powered house on a Semi chassis. Not science fiction, it's real here in America. Fasten your seat belts.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit