E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

We're not planning on DisneyWorld (just doesn't appeal, to us or the kids) but hope to go to SeaWorld, Universal Studios and a few other places (maybe to the Keneddy Space Centre).

We aren't too bothered about staying at any real "resort" hotels ... we normally spoil ourselves once or twice on a trip at a nice hotel if we have an early stopover but other than that just look for somewhere cheap to spend the night.

We'd probably be able to squeeze 1 bikini babe in if anyone want a lift up to Steve & Joys from round that area but our travel plans are not set in stone yet.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

S-

We're not planning on DisneyWorld (just doesn't appeal, to us or the kids) but hope to go to SeaWorld, Universal Studios and a few other places (maybe to the Keneddy Space Centre).

I get discounts at all of those places I believe. If you decide to go just let me know.

We'd probably be able to squeeze 1 bikini babe in if anyone want a lift up to Steve & Joys from round that area but our travel plans are not set in stone yet.

Well if I hear of any, I'll let them know .

• Englishman
    Englishman

Stinky,

Great stuff. I'm keen to visit Sea World, Christina fancies the Magic Kingdom. OK, so lets do both! Maybe we could meet up. Also, I know that Simon & Angharad are keen on visiting Sea World themselves, and Joy earlier expressed an interest in possibly meeting up there prior to descending on her home. So there are possibilities there.

I see that the Holiday Inn by the Westgate has some good deals going at the moment, so we might opt to stay there for a couple of nights.

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh my gosh...................you have to go to Epcot, at Disneyworld. It is amazing. They have a world cavalcade at the far end of the park, that is really great, and United Kingdom is one of the countries featured. They also have Mexico, Norway, Japan, Morocco, Italy, Canada, China and France.................Germany too I think. Each one is like visiting that country, and the restaurants are authentic, with the people who work there being from those countries. You would LOVE it.

And Epcot is really an experience you shouldn't miss. At that time of year, it should be low crowds too.

• patio34
    patio34

Could someone give me a 2nd opinion on this plan?

Plan A: Flying from LAX to Atlanta, GA. Rent car & drive 6 hours to Panama City. Cost: $178 air and c. 175 car 20 gas

Plan B: Fly from LAX to Pennsacola, drive 3 hours (?) to Joy's. Cost: $382 air and c. 150 car. 10 gas

Added after Mulan's post (thanks! I didn't know about PFN!) Plan C: Fly to PFN: 427, no rental car.

Plan A cost: $380 and 6 hours driving time

Plan B cost: $540 and 3 hours driving time (offset by a connection in Atlanta anyway)

Plan C seems like the best allaround. Thanks, Mulan!

Never mind I think it's clear: Plan A! The only drawback is the drive time, but I'm coming in on Thursday, so that's okay too.

Anybody see any flaws before I book the flight? Thanks! You may see that I'm not too experienced at making my own travel plans.

I'm so excited!!

Pat

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are flying directly to Panama City...............$362 from Seattle, on Northwest. That seems the cheapest to me.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Also, I know that Simon & Angharad are keen on visiting Sea World themselves, and Joy earlier expressed an interest in possibly meeting up there prior to descending on her home.

There is a great hotel directly across the street from Sea World. I think it is the Renaissance Inn. I stayed there in '97 for a convention (for work) and we walked to Sea World. Great hotel. We got a reduced rate, so I am not sure what the regular rates would be, but off season, I would think they would just be happy to fill a room.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Awww... now I really want to go! If the freedomfest happens next year, we'll try to plan on going.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mulan,

Thanks for that. I have a Brit brochure that features the Rennaisance, it's quite reasonably priced too.

Oh yeah...Happy Birthday!

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Oh yeah...Happy Birthday!

Thanks, Mike.
    Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit