Riots one reason to own an AR15 and several 30 round or 100 round mags.

by phoenixrising 114 Replies latest social current

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Kel Tech makes recoil operated guns. Very accurate as a rule, and smaller price, reliable. The one drawback is weight as they use a zinc slide to compensate for the pressure and recoil. That gets into a discussion of physics and how higher pressure cartridges work. A 9mm is high, a. 380 isnt, a. 22 isnt.

• LV101
    LV101

Appreciate the info, phoenixrising and RTN -

PR - are guns you sell used or brand new guns - mixture of both? Thx.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I carry a Smith & Wesson. I was attacked on my own property by a crazed man who had just beaten up my carpentry crew. I called 911, ran out of my project trailer & yelled at him to leave. He came after me. I was 65, standing in the middle of a field. I knew I was not going to outrun this guy. It was either kill him or take a beating or worse. I took the beating. After him trying to break my neck, I was able to get on my knees to pull out the Smith & Wesson. Before I could pull out the gun, he stopped & walked away. The State Troopers & County Sheriff arrived minutes later. The Troopers chased him down the road & tazed him. The Sheriff asked to see my gun & permit. I took a few stitches. He was remanded to a mental health institution for 4 years. A year later, he broke into his mother's home & beat her to death with a hammer. For those of you who wonder if I would have killed him had he not stopped, the answer is yes. He would be dead & his mother would be alive. I could easily live with that.

• TD
    TD

I have both but recommend an AR15. The 5.56 is easy to shoot.

Maintenance of an AR family rifle is a little over the head of the average shooter in my experience.

--But then maybe my experience has just been with technically illiterate people

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Sometimes it is a sin not to kill, lawful killing. Pity the socities where they make it next to impossible to carry

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If it comes to home defense, and you have other people living in your home, a shotgun or up to a 9mm (which now come in rifle form too) should do well, they're easier to shoot and wield around corners than a large AR. Anything large like an AR, but especially the heavier grain bullets will over-penetrate in CQB and may hurt others.

A .22 may be too small though to stop anyone, they can kill but most likely hurt a lot and don't necessarily do damage if you hit someone in the human armor plate that is the chest. Depends on the types of criminals you have coming in, most will run away in case of any danger, including a 22LR but it doesn't have stopping power if you have a quarterback-sized druggie charging at you.

You also don't need a large .50 Magnum Desert Eagle or so for the same reasons, besides it being hard to aim and carry being so heavy. You'll blow someone's head clear off, leave a huge hole in every wall, including your neighbors' and probably shatter all the windows.

I've settled myself on a 9mm Ruger PC Carbine for home defense. It's easy to take down, small and relatively light. My wife is getting her permit for a 9mm or smaller caliber concealed carry so magazines are interchangeable. I live in a state where the cops are likely being defunded and the city is getting worse as the BLM mayor refuses to let police clean the neighborhoods. We used to have a Republican mayor up until about a decade ago, home values have since stagnated and the black neighborhoods that were being repaired are now becoming no-go zones again. 2h for a police response is now normal.

• kingpelican
    kingpelican

This is one reason to have an AR or some gun that will take high capacity magazines. https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-st-louis-rioters-threatened-couple-guns-attorney

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Commies like their vodka

Cowboys like their guns

I acknowledge it's in the blood

Change can only come from within'...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

it looks like P.Rising has left us. Maybe one of his arsenal got the draw on him.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Forget all this .50 vs .22 vs. 9mm vs. .357 magnum vs. .380 stuff.

For the best protection, just build a pillbox on your roof, get a couple of automatic weapons, and blast anyone that comes near your house.

This would also be a deterrent for the little bastards that throw eggs and toilet paper at your house at Halloween.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit