Riots one reason to own an AR15 and several 30 round or 100 round mags.

by phoenixrising 114 Replies latest social current

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Quetzal you obviously don't get it or know a thing about which you try to speak. Most all cops have an AR15 along with a riot gun, I.E. 12 gauge shot gun in the car. And if they don't its most likely some liberal retarded city. Just because you don't prepare for things does not mean others are crazy for prepping for disaster. You can waste your time calling 911 and hoping the police show up in time, or calling for help during a disaster and not getting any response because of the system being overwhelmed. When you need a tool in an emergency its too late to buy it. I guess you would say to have a spare time is a waste of time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Phoenix's assertion of what individual police forces carry is nonsensical gibberish.

A lefty city , a liberal city, this is what in his mind dictates what police carry in firearms.

The OP is about the general public and what they should have.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@phoenixrising,

Just because you don't prepare for things does not mean others are crazy for prepping for disaster.

I am not not questioning your preparedness. It is just that you said "If someone breaks into your home 6 bullets are enough" Couldn't a shotgun be reload with more bullets or are you limited to

6?

Why do cars always come with a single spare tyre when you might have 4 tyres to replace?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is a kill-or-be-killed situation

Really are we over sensationalizing the matter a bit ?

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

In my home I have a 9mm by my bed that I carry where ever I go and yes I have a CCW. I have a second gun hidden and loaded and a third hidden and loaded and my wife has an LCR hidden and loaded. The rest are in gun safes. A gun does not guarantee safety but I would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it. A gun is a tool. It can do a job. Just like a hammer. You don't use a 21oz framing hammer for finish work and you don't use a 12 oz finish hammer for framing. You don't use a chain saw to cut trim and you don't use a trim saw to cut trees. I have way more than just guns. I keep pepper spray in all my cars and near my bed and have monitored alarm system and cameras along with door blocks. I want enough time if someone tries to get in to be ready to light them up.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@phoenixrising

Couldn't a shotgun be reload with more bullets or are you limited to 6?

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Quetzal, you can reload any gun but when its panic or a lot going on and you don't have time to think its not easy to get the ammo and put it the magazine. You have high adrenaline and its not very easy to preform an extra task. I am not limited to 6 or 10 or 30. Depending on the situation. If I lived in an area with a lot of these "rioters" and I use the term rioters not to be deemed racist and they were rioting it would be time to bring out the AR and several 30 round mags. If needed it would be close by to rock and roll if needed.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

LCR by ruger. Which caliber if you dont mind me asking and if it is above a 22lr, what is the recoil like for a woman in her opinion.

My wife is looking for a new firearm and I was looking at getting one for her. Sorry to derail.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising
    Hi silent, My wife is very petite. She can not pull the trigger on some double action only guns. So I bought her a Taurus 85 in 38 Special. She had a hard time pulling the trigger in double action. My wife is also not a big gun person. So for woman who want protection and don't want to learn how to use an automatic pistol I always recommend a double action only revolver. This limits things that can go wrong. Down side is you have only 5 shots but it can be a bit of a challenge for someone who has grown up with all kinds of weapons to clear a stovepipe or jam. A revolver is so simple there is little to go wrong. Hers is a LCR 38 special. A 357 is a bigger gun to take the higher pressures and not as easy to handle. The trigger pull on the LCR I can not remember the poundage but its light enough she has no issues with it. I load my own ammo for practice and so I load hers down so its fun to shoot. For defense I would recommend Plus P rounds in 38 and let her shoot a few to know that the recoil is going to kick a bit and not be real pleasant to shoot but in a SHTF situation and the addreniline kicks in she won't notice. The LCR is light due to the composite of polymers and steel. Its small so most women who have small hands have no issue with it. Not like my S&W 629 44 Mag. 38 Special IMO is the smallest caliber I would use for self defense. 32 25 and 22 are better than nothing but 38 plus p will put a perp down with a center mass hit to the chest. 357 is one of the best one shot stopping rounds around. But that kicks a bit much. Lots of muzzle flash from a snub. Also for ammo get some good hollow point ammo. Hydrashock or Winchester SXT in 158 grain. These bullets are designed to penetrate and expand to cause a lot of tissue damage which is what puts a thug down. Good luck.
  • Biahi
    Biahi

I want to move to Norway, and live on Jonas’s goat farm. 🤨

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit