Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Tragically, the flat earth debate falls into three catagories: trolls who find it hilarious, fools who argue with them and the most dangerous of all, morons who buy into it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    My brother has been talking about the earth being flat and some big conspiracy going on to make people believe otherwise. What are people's thoughts on this?

Jrjw your brother is kind of dumb ..... sorry

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Totally agree finkelstein. He has researched religion and science for years and ended up believing the earth is flat and the UN is gonna rule the whole earth and make it one religion serving one God.... it's nuts but he'll argue to death about it

• cofty
    cofty
    He has researched ... science for years

I strongly doubt that.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Jrjw, so he's on some kind of mix between JW and flat earthism.. That's a strange mix but stranger things have happened.

I would agree with the idea of lots of stupid YouTube videos out there, lots of misinformation but then you have people like Bill Nye (the science guy) also lying and giving false information as a defense of round earth. It doesn't help things when people on both sides are lying and/or making stuff up. I'm no flat earther or ball earther but you have to admit, we've been been fed round earth since being born, just like many have been fed JW info since the same. You can't prove the shape with just a book, that's someone else's opinion. Its worth doing your own research and experiments. If you can't do that for whatever reason, then use your own eyes and observe the world around you in as many ways as you can, and ponder over what you see. And I'm not talking about the apparent flatness. Look up, down, across, everywhere. Take note. Review "proofs" of the various claims but most importantly, prove it to yourself to whatever extent possible. If you can't prove it, then its just information from outside sources that cannot be confirmed. Seek truth and keep seeking, it will find you and you might be surprised by what you see.

Disclaimer: I do not adhere to nor promote any particular shape for earth. While my views here are irrelevant for this thread, I think it's important for each person to examine thoroughly the evidence for ANY claim in which they find themselves highly interested or controlled by, whether religious, scientific, or otherwise.

• cofty
    cofty
    I do not adhere to nor promote any particular shape for earth.

Do you also have an open mind on the possibility of the moon being made of cheese?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Cassini spacecraft snaps a photo of Earth between Saturn's rings in ...

Apr 26, 2017 - Cassini's mission is drawing to an end, as NASA prepares to crash it into the surface of Saturn itself. But the craft has, this week, sent back a beautiful new picture of the Earth, glimpsed through Saturn's rings.

Here is that photo from Cassini

Image result for flat earth

Image result for hoax

• why144000
    why144000

As they say, there are flat earth believers all around the globe!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Looks like the ocean is starting to spill over the edge! Maybe that's Armageddon coming.

Cofty- I think the cheese moon theory is full of holes. I guess that makes it holy.. but I would be open to trying some of your holy space cheese if there were such a thing. Mmmmm space Swiss Cheese Mmmm

Disclaimer: I don't actually like Swiss cheese

• waton
    waton

Even Jesus was fooled by a flat earther who was "satan", by keeping up the pretense, that he had seen all the kingdoms of the earth within that small horizon.

In all places, specifically, one way or another , the horizon is much closer from the ground than from the 3rd floor, about 30 miles away, where the sun sets in June, and sometimes a cruise ship is still visible. simple math shows it is globular.

flat earthers snicker into their masks at any of us treating it as anything but the joke it is. Don't be the butt of the joke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit