UK justice..

by zeb 170 Replies latest social current

• zeb
    zeb

Please people, TR is still in prison for using his free speech, whether he be angel or demon he is a bit like John the Baptist is a constant pain in side to those who find his observations jabs

• their ideology or
    • conscience or
    • those Social Workers who have abandoned duty of care

as they came across the victims of the sex gangs.

Please petition the members of Parliament for his release. Heavens, the German republic offered him asylum do as well.

• humbled
    humbled

The only good Muslim is a bad Muslim.—Mean Mister Mustard

This is a brilliantly sardonic word mirror. It depends on who is speaking to determine what good means and what bad means. Religions argue this stuff forever. But that quote is great lol.

For a unified population the criteria for a good Muslim must be set by state law .The separation of church and state is a western value. If a Muslim sticks to the idea of Islamic State or sharia law dominating then the state cannot support their presence. I don’t see how anyway.

But there is a lively debate about what Islam —among Muslims. I submit tthat Christians have conflicts about who has the Truth as well:

” Why don’t you go back to being a Catholic? Then you could do whatever you wanted.” —My husband as l prepared for JW baptism said this. Islam and Christianity have different people within them with widely differing views of what a true belief looks like.

Bandicoot—l very much like that you posted those verses from the Quran, Just as poster Wonderment and other scholars pick through language and intention in the Christian scriptures so there are disputes even about the indisputable meaning of these verses,bandicoot. I could post the arguments Islamic scholars make against the ugly implications of those above verses. But it wouldn’t help us.The fact is that as long as any Muslims follow the creepy violence and the misogyny of that Islam then it is an unacceptable cancer. For sure.

Some cancers are best treated with radiation, islam is one such cancer.—Bandicoot

Ss you say, some cancers must be treated with radiation. Radiation targets the tumor and though the surrounding body suffers collateral damage, one accepts the harms because the person gets to go on living.

Every community has to find ways for religions to not become cancerous growths feeding on the main body while destroying it. I believe Western democracies can deal with the cancer of Muslim extremist if they NOWname the features that are destructive to the ‘body’ of western values and outlaw those expressions of religion, in fact any religion. Lately wasn’t it France and Belgium that outlawed the hijab? And a great many Muslims rejoiced at the freedom it allows.

Of course ignoring a problem is a well known phenomenon. Five years ago I was diagnosed with a fairly advanced case of anal canal cancer. l can attest to the amazing power of a person to rationalize and dismiss the most glaring evidence that SOME THING IS WRONG .Afraid of dealing with it a person can let such a problem grow until nothing -not even radical surgery can remove it. But l did finally drag my ass in for help before it was too late .There was and is collateral damage from the chemo and radiation but l am alive.

Law must be the “radiation “ targeting the sick portions of religious communities , Islam especially.

zeb—that MP Lord Pearson is actively involved for Tommy’s safety. He seems a good channel.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

our gov has a lot of work to do as there are a lot of disgruntled people in Northern parts of England. I'm really trying to understand the popularity of Tommy Robinson - I really am.

humbled we do need someone in government to represent what people are asking for but that person would need oblique vision to try to understand what is needed as all of Tommy Robinson's bad qualities have been hidden away so that what he stands for now is freedom of speech, justice, strength and power to overcome those who are destroying Britain. A Romulus type of figure despite that Romulus had to kill his brother first and then go on to found the city of Rome. Glad there is someone in Germany too who can represent him.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Tommy Robinson affair, political correctness and a fear of being labelled as racist have left a vacuum that will always be filled by the more right-wing elements in our society.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm really trying to understand the popularity of Tommy Robinson - I really am - the popularity of Tommy Robinson is largely down to our politicians, the mainstream media and the trendy chattering classes sweeping Islamic problems under the carpet and having a boner for Islam.

That's about it.

Tommy Robinson is just an ordinary bloke. He's not my hero and he doesn't speak for me.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@humbled:

I think it is far more serious than that. For example, if we consider Christianity - there are countless versions of Christianity, and each sect has its disagreements on just about everything you can think of - but not everything. Whether you are a Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, or even JW, there are some core fundamental beliefs. For example, the doctrine of any of the religions I listed would agree that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and was raised from the dead. This is a fundamental Christian statement. All Christians agree with it.

Likewise, for Islam, it is fundamental that Mohammad was the excellent example of conduct. It is fundamental to Islam to be political as well as religious.

I am all for those Muslims seeking to separate mosque and state. However, this isn’t about some theological disagreement (like whether there should be icons or even if the Trinity is real), this is a fundamental change.

Islam doesn’t need the equivalent of a Christian reformation. It needs a new leader. It needs an equivalent of a Jesus to come around and invalidate chunks of the current Quran. But even if that did occur, they would be Muslims any longer, rather some new religion. The world would be better for it, but there would be a bunch of Muslims that reject it, just as the Jews reject Jesus.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@MMM - I agree with the vast majority of your post but would like to comment on the following ...

It is fundamental to Islam to be political as well as religious - there are two minority sects that aren't political, that don't push for Sharia. These are the Sufi and Ahmadiya Muslims. Unfortunately these two sects are persecuted and brutalised throughout the Islamic world.

It need a new leader. It needs an equivalent of a Jesus to come around and invalidate some of the current Quaran - you've identified the nub of the problem. This is the up-hill challenge facing brave Muslim reformers.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Maybe if we learned to stop radiating white guilt like a cheap Dimplex room heater we'd deal with crime properly. Instead we pussyfoot around ethnic criminals and in the process leave the door wide open for right-wing extremists to hijack events for their own ends.

• humbled
    humbled
    Maybe if we learned to stop radiating white guilt like a cheap Dimplex room heater we'd deal with crime properly. Instead we pussyfoot around ethnic criminals and in the process leave the door wide open for right-wing extremists to hijack events for their own ends.

I did not checkout the particular features of a cheap Dimplex room heater before agreeing, snugglebunny.

Criminal statutes must be defined so as to eliminate loopholes for religions. I think you said it well.

That fellow Trevor Philips goes so far as to say we (l say this even being American as we are dealt my with aspects of the problems UK is facing)—we should be able to field some unpleasant verbal exchanges if it allows us to engage with reality. He is taking hits from the people from whom he sprang—liberals. My own antecedents tend left but do not roost comfortably there. Nor with the right.

Something that worries me about Tommy is that he said in interview that he hoped at one point that should he be killed by extremists it would trigger action. But when he saw that the beheading of a man in the U.K. by a Muslim extremist did not generate any change he was in doubt as to the efficacy of his own murder helping his cause.

This sort of thinking should not be writing the script for Britain’s future.

• humbled
    humbled

3M and Luhe- l have been pondering your posts as a combined content. Thoughtful. Will post after l get my work caught up.

Ruby, you can see there are mixed feelings on Tommy for many of us. He has succeeded in this— definitely provoked conversation and perhaps action for those who do not want to leave him to do all the talking and all the (bad?) acting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit