UK justice..

by zeb 170 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    Tommy is that he said in interview that he hoped at one point that should he be killed by extremists it would trigger action.

I have to ask for sources on this. When did Tommy R say he 'hoped' to be killed by extremists?

But when he saw that the beheading of a man in the U.K. by a Muslim extremist did not generate any change he was in doubt as to the efficacy of his own murder helping his cause

Nobody has ever been beheaded by extremists in the UK

• humbled
    humbled

https://youtu.be/_0raGfNJ86Q

I finally found that interview.

I would correct something you attributed to me. I did not say that time he hoped to be killed by extremist. He said that he hoped at one point that should he be killed by extremists it would trigger action.

Perhaps you will think l am quibbling about this video but my concern is that he is perhaps too much a provocateur. His approach too unstable.

And this is the killing Tommy was referring to:

On the afternoon of 22 May 2013, a British Army soldier, Fusilier Lee Rigby of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was attacked and killed by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, southeast London.
  • cofty
    cofty

Thank you

• scotsman
    scotsman
    Tommy Robinson is just an ordinary bloke

yeah, we've all joined the BNP by mistake at some time or another. #apologist

• cofty
    cofty
    yeah, we've all joined the BNP by mistake at some time or another.

He was indeed a member in 2004 for one year when he was 20 years old.

"I was looking for a way out, I was looking somebody to be addressing this Islamic extremist problem. I joined for one year, I didn't know Nick Griffin was in the National Front, I didn't know non-whites couldn't join the organisation. I joined, I saw what it was about, it was not for me,"

• cofty
    cofty

It was in part Maajid Nawaz who persuaded Robinson to leave his own organisation the EDL to cooperate on education about Islam and Islamism.

Interesting conversation here between Maajid and Tommy when he called in to his LBC radio show.

• humbled
    humbled

Glad to have that Maajid /Tommy radio exchange .

I do not hold Tommy’s past actions against him. ( l was a JW for 22 years of my adult life after all)

But NOW where is he heading with the masses he is collecting?. Maajid seems to want the change makers to unite or at least acknowledge shared goals, shared views.

• Simon
    Simon

If only the same level of effort that is applied to demanding people add small-print and disclaimers to every statement to make clear that mention of "Islam" doesn't mean 100% every living person who has ever, does currently or will in future identify as "Muslim" is not a Jihadist ... could be applied to actually dealing with the widespread issue which is MUSLIMS being predominantly a bunch of backward abusive uncivilized jerkwads, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

People are too keen to make the issue into those pointing out the problems, rather than those who actually are the problem.

I don't care if "normal Muslims' are offended at being classed with those who do terrible things. Maybe they should question why THEY chose to be identified with them.

Get a clue. Walk away.

• barry
    barry

Very true Simon.

• humbled
    humbled

Simon,

Muslims raised under sharia law have a harder time than JWs just “walking away” from lslam. That’s the problem. Especially for women.

Edit: besides- some did just “walk away”— and now they are in the UK. and other western countries trying to be normal,

Most of the talk is not fussing about how to avoid offending “normal Muslims” (Though allies in fighting extremism are welcome from all quarters. )Moderate Muslims very much want to have western law and order.

Posts on the OP voiced concern over the justice of Tommy Robinson’s arrest and worries about his safety in custody. Naturally the issues Tommy raises are discussed. The disorders and likelihood of fighting mobs are multiplying for lack of moral courage in authorities.There is confusion and ignorance as to what Islam is and isn’t.

People need support to walk away from a high control religion. You of all people should know that. You created this board for JWs who were simply thinking, or thinking about leaving- or folks who had left but had no one who understood.

Hey, Simon, how about you set up "Mohammedans-dot-net"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit