2.16.2017 NJ Star-Ledger Ad: "Were you sexually abused by the Jehovahs Witnesses?"

by breakfast of champions 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

So your point Richard is that they should just give up? Wave the white flag?

I really try hard notto get into debates with poster's like you as it is just hitting my head against a brick wall. These convinced against their will are of the same opinion still. Nothing is ever going to convince you that anyone can change or get through to the GB to change their disregard for children by allowing sex offender's free range in the KH'S, I get that. Maybe your right. Maybe everyonewho has ever suffered injustices should just give up as the deck's stacked against them. Your right a huge amount of the law's are not to protect children and the Watchtower lawyers know the law extremely well, they know how to stop the victim cold most of the time. I get it no one should ever try to fight them as it is just a losing battle. I get your point totally.

All I can say is thank God for one's like Erin Brockovich and so many other's who didn't hold your fatalistic view.

LITS

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I never said that they should just give up. My statement was that it is not as easy as so many people here make it sound like. They expect because of these law firms that it is a slam dunk and that Watchtower is going to roll over and die because they are now the litigators on the case. It is going to be a uphill battle for these lawyers. They may win, but it won't be easy.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Again Richard what is your true point? I think anyone with an ounce of brain's knows this is not going to be easy. It's giving to be Hell. Most people really do get that l, really Richard.

The point is someone is at LEAST TRYING!

Most people who have been abused are so timid and afraid, most do not have the courage to stand up for anything much less their abouser's. You keep coming on this thread saying how hard this is going to be it's going to be an uphill battle, it won't be easy, the Watchtower is not going to roll over and die.

I get that I really and honestly do get that it is going to be pure hell. But to keep hammering it over and over and over and over the way you have on this thread you are going to scare them from even trying.

If that's what you are hoping to accomplish you've done a great job.

LITS

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

People on here have stated that it is going to be the lawsuit equivalent of paint by numbers, where it is going to be so easy that anyone can do it. Others have indicated that it is just going to be a slam dunk because these firms are now on it. People are getting their hopes up that this is the silver bullet to win everything. My only contention is that this is going to be extremely hard even if they win, it is not a slam dunk for future cases. People have to realize that.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    My only contention is that this is going to be extremely hard even if they win, it is not a slam dunk for future cases. --RO

I do not think any of this will be a slam dunk.

I also do not think that this firm went to the trouble of all this publicity with the mindset, "I think we'll win very little if anything."

What I think this firm (and whoever their associated firms are) brings to the table is bringing lawsuits en masse against WT -- something we haven't seen with the Zalkin/Simons one-offs here and there around the country.

Again, we'll see what happens.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

I think they will win, but even if they don't, the word is getting out to the public AND the dubs by non-apostate means. I, for one, am loving that!

• schnell
    schnell

I don't personally care how hard it will be for a group of lawyers to tackle this. It isn't my job. I also don't see this as a "silver bullet" to this particular breed of werewolf. No, I just appreciate any attempt to bleed the organization dry.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Certainly, these firms think that they can win. No lawyer will take a contingency case on if they don't think that they will win. But it is going to a long hard battle. People have to be ready for that. Even the Lopez case started in 2012 that is 5 years now and it is going it hasn't even gone to trial yet.

What will be sad though is if they use some of their weaker cases and use that to build up their stronger ones. By putting their clients through the emotional toll and getting their hopes up, even though they don't have a lot of faith that a win could occur. Some firms do that especially if they think that a bigger payday is waiting for them in future, stronger cases. Not saying that they will do it, but if they do it will be very sad for those clients.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

While exchanging emails with Barb Anderson, I just realized that my ex-wife (and proud mother of my three daughters) worked for the Luxemberg law firm as an office manager back in the 1970s. She started with them when they were on Robertson Blvd in West Los Angeles (Beverly Hills was just across the street). When they moved to a new high rise in Century City, she moved with them and worked for them her whole professional life in various clerical and supervisory positions. She got on very well with the owners and all of the attorneys and loved her career there.

The west coast branch of the firm is still in that building and apparently on the same floor. They were still building out Century City at the time (1969-1980). She retired from the firm about 20 years ago.

What I got from the little she shared with me from time to time (employees of legal firms learn to not discuss their jobs away from the office) was that their reputation was impeccable and that their success rate was well above average.

Based on what little I know about them, these guys can get the job done. They would not take on this burden if they thought that they would lose or that their reputation would be damaged in any way. Again, knowing what I know about them and their over 50 years in business (at least in the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area), having this firm on our side is definitely an advantage for abused kids and ripped off JW retirees.

Pray for their success. Yes, even those of us who are non-believers - pray that their reputation will not be harmed or wasted on the pursuit of Watchtower associated child abusers and the WT leaders who protect them.

JV

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Thank you Jaun for your encouraging word's.

And as I was working this afternoon. I thought that if Richard is so sure that this is such a unattainable battle why is he wasting his time with us on this thread, since he has such vast knowledge and does not want the victims to go through even more pain. THAN CALL THE LAW FIRM! Call them tell them all the worries he has spent the time he has put into this thread. He clearly knows more than that law firm does that his posts indicate, so Richard put your money where your mouth is and call them, stop wasting your time with us who are so stupid that some call this a slam dunk. Since this is so important for you to put a stop to what you clearly are feeling is insanity by posting over and over and over how this is such a long shot that probably will never have a chance. Call them and tell them how you know so much more than they do and how this is just not going to ever work.

For thoes who might take me seriously, I am just frustrated that Richard is trying to discourage everyone.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit