It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The biggest jump upwards in early 2021 was when they had an earthquake in Croatia and lots of people started sending them thousands and joined his Patreon. In fact at one point LE said publicly that they ‘had enough money’. Just imagine how much money people had sent them for even LE to say it was enough!

The good news is that, even with the latest begging boost, he is still below the 2021 pre-earthquake level. The bad news is that attrition at this rate is likely to drag on for years.

Plus the cost of his latest begging video seems to be that Reddit has turned against him. That’s going to make it harder each time he tries to beg for more.

Meanwhile of course, he has the drudgery of trying to produce more of his stupid videos, which is probably almost as boring to make as they are to watch. I see his latest videos had around 3k views.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    The good news is that, even with the latest begging boost, he is still below the 2021 pre-earthquake level. The bad news is that attrition at this rate is likely to drag on for years.
    Indeed. As I noted before, he's lost about 13% of that increase already. Even at the same monthly attrition rate, it would take nearly a year to get back down to the previous low of 392. Unless he manages to shoot himself in both feet again with another meltdown, but I suspect that's wishful thinking. Surely even LE wouldn't be that stupid?

However, the law of diminishing returns will apply. For reasons already mentioned (loss of support on Reddit, wider dissemination of information about his real behaviour on YT and Twitter, etc), each time he tries to pass round the begging bowl again, he's likely to find fewer and fewer takers for what he is offering.

Meanwhile of course, he has the drudgery of trying to produce more of his stupid videos, which is probably almost as boring to make as they are to watch. I see his latest videos had around 3k views.
    This is probably the best bet for increasing the attrition rate over time. If he can't keep up at least some meaningful new material every month, his patrons will begin to question whether they're getting value for money. And he's got to keep up with this over the long term - years, not just months. It's hard to see where he will get any more substantial growth from, while it's easier to see how he could steadily lose patrons - like a deflating gasbag(!)

By his own admission, he needs (and expects) a stable core of about 500-620 combined supporters to keep going. Currently, I think he's around 590. If the numbers were to level out at the low end or just below that, he'll be caught in a "stick or twist" dilemma: keep going hoping to keep bumping them up somehow, or pull the plug because there's no real growth? I doubt he'll be content with "just managing" for too long, especially remembering he was once nearing 900 supporters.
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    he doesn't go to bed at night thinking about who he might have helped that day no he goes to bed thinking how much money people are going to pay him,

Sorry Debra I gave you the downvote by mistake, tried to rectify it to no avail 😂

He goes to bed thinking about how many Thai hookers he can date I think.

---EDIT--- Never mind, I think it was rectified...Few!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    Surely even LE wouldn't be that stupid?

Believe me, if he bleeds Patrons he will certainly have another meltdown and blame it on everyone but himself. He's been doing the same thing for ten years now. He has no ability to reflect on his own downfall. he would rather blame everyone else than self-reflect.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Yes I thought that too a couple of years back (2020ish) when I was telling him things in confidence concerning abuse, he kept on wanting more details of the accual abuse itself details that didn't really seem important rather than focusing on the aftermath that I was trying to get across to him, I felt very uncomfortable it DID seem like he was enjoying it but I felt at the time no it must be me no one would actually enjoy hearing this stuff

@ Debra

Do you feel comfortable sharing those conversations that you had with Lloyd about your abuse? I would 100% expect you to not share those. However, it might be something that would "break the camels back" for someone. It would be great if by sharing you could 100% confirm that they are conversations with Lloyd as well.

I feel sick at the thought of even asking this question though.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    It would be great if by sharing you could 100% confirm that they are conversations with Lloyd as well.

I'm sorry but I have to speak out here. Who are you really ForeverAlone? I have been watching your messages and they actually sound more like either a Lloyd supporter or Lloyd himself. Debra does not need to share anything to prove anything at all.

I am getting extremely sick of this "We need 100% proof" argument when there are hours and hours of Lloyd abuse online for everyone to see. He can say whatever he likes and everyone believes him, but everyone who goes against him has to show 100% evidence that Lloyd is a piece of shit.

I really do hope I am wrong here, however, this shit needs to stop here. No one needs to prove anything anymore, let alone someone who has been through abuse.

•  Debra
    Debra

I would share the conversations with Lloyd but i no longer have them I deleted them, sorry

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I'm sorry but I have to speak out here. Who are you really ForeverAlone? I have been watching your messages and they actually sound more like either a Lloyd supporter or Lloyd himself.

Hmmm

i think it appropriate now to add my voice of caution.

Putting out anything, no matter how well-intentioned, can come back and bite ya.

There’s an old maxim that says “let the buyer beware” and we could revise that as “let the poster beware”.

When it comes to cyberdom, be very careful.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The good news is that, even with the latest begging boost, he is still below the 2021 pre-earthquake level.

And a good majority of these new donors are likely of the $1 and $5 tiers. He specified that he needed the number of Patrons to increase to a certain number but didn’t give a cash amount that he needed to hit. Many new donors were saying they couldn’t afford it but grudgingly joined the lowest tier.

The bad news is that attrition at this rate is likely to drag on for years.

To keep himself in the game he is going to have to constantly be on his game and try to drum up support between end of month drops. That means he’s going to have to say and do things he really doesn’t want to do.

What killed him last year was the amount of new people he pulled in was far fewer than the EOM drops. This is why he is seeking to end the chatter about him once and for all. He found out in the last few weeks that opposition to him has tightened and many are determined to get the word out about him. What he doesn’t want are his detractors to be emboldened by huge drops like what happened a few days ago.

So in effect we have a reset to where he was about this time last year. He still has an image and reputation problem that will feed the EOM drops.

There is also the lawsuit, which in the short term was his way of scaring people into silence but in the longer term doesn’t bode well for him when it does fail.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

He will need to work hard just to keep the numbers from dropping too fast. He already has to put in time keeping the comment sections in his videos 'clean.' But his Twitter feed has plenty of examples of Evans being himself, and just because he blocks/ignores people doesn't mean their words aren't there for people to read. People who seek out websites and forums will more likely find links to his livestream than words of support. People who contact other exJWs are less likely to hear a good word about him.

His past has caught up with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit